We're having a rough go at dropping a nap here at the Herway household. Taft seems to have decided that he sometimes doesn't want a morning nap and sometimes doesn't want an afternoon nap. I've decided to start skipping his morning nap and just put him down after lunch. We met up with Lara (SIL) and her kids, and Amy (Lara's sis) and her kids, at Discovery Gateway this morning. On our way there, which only takes less than 10 minutes, Taft feel asleep. Great. I woke him up so he could play at the museum and he was happy, happy for most of the time, we had lunch together, and then headed home. Before I could even pull out of the parking garage Taft had crashed. MAN! I knew this was going to mess him up for the rest of the day if I didn't put the pedal to the metal and haul a**. Of course, I hit every red light on the way home, which is nearly every other block along 2nd South. I finally made it home, gently took Taft out of his car seat, made it inside, and changed his diaper and pants, all while he was still asleep. I laid him down and HELLO, he's awake. DANG IT! I made him a bottle hoping he'd fall asleep again. Now, he's in his crib and has been for the last 15 minutes saying "da da da" "aaaah da" "aaah da". I knew I should have just laid him in his crib and not taken off his coat, but I couldn't, I thought he'd been uncomfortable. IDIOT!
2.22.2010
Battle of the Naps
AND I HAVE A REALLY BAD HEADACHE. (and sadly I think it's because I only had one can of Diet Coke yesterday) WAAA.
Posted by Heidi at 12:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Oh. I hate that. I hate having a diet pepsi headache. I hate when my kids miss their naps. Don't worry about the dropping nap thing, it takes my kids like three weeks to switch all the way over to one nap a day. Good luck!
I went through the exact same thing with Claire right around the same age. All of the sudden my great, dependable napper was skipping naps here and there, but it was so unpredictable. It was tough. Stick with trying to put him down on a schedule though. Sometimes it doesn't work, but eventually he will adopt a routine again. It is SO frustrating when she doesn't nap. I need that time desperately, and she is so grumpy when she is overtired, so naptime is pretty much the most important part of the day! Good luck with little Taft. It's a rough phase, but in a few weeks hopefully things will be running smoothly again. :)
Then there's the rest of us that just beg for a nap...
That transition is really hard, I hear you. I'm still way impressed that you got him out of the car seat and changed his diaper without him waking up. My kids would have woken up with just turning off the car. Oh, the sleeping woes.
Explain this one. A 2 minute ride home the kid falls asleep when tired. A 10 hour drive in the car, there is NOTHING to make the kid fall asleep. They know or something. It's weird.
Post a Comment