1.27.2010

Project Happiness

A darling girl I know from my USU days is doing a little project to get herself and others out of the blahbitty-blah January blues. Check out her blog here. I've decided to join in on the fun. This will be a good change of pace for me since I find things to complain about on a daily basis.

Today for my happiness project I visited an old friend and her new baby boy. Jessie and I met while we were dating brothers. The brother I was dating broke up with me and then a week or so later the brother she was dating broke up with her. We bonded, we became roommates, and now we're going to be lifelong friends and maybe one day our little boys will be roommates. :) Jessie is a fantastic friend and is one of the happiest, friendliest people you will ever meet. I'm pretty sure she was voted "Friendliest" or "Miss Congeniality" or something like that in high school. Her voicemail makes me laugh every time I hear it:


"HI!!!! This is JESSIE!!! I'm SO SORRY I missed your call! Leave a message and I'll call you back. I'm EXCITED to talk to YOU!!!" (or something like that)


(I stole this from your blog Jess.)  I saw this picture at her house today and just LOVED it. That's her new baby Rocky. He's a DOLL! Picture was taken by this person.

Jessie's one of those people that makes everyone feel like they're her favorite person. You know those people? They're great.

I love visiting with old friends. I wish I could visit an old friend every day.

5 comments:

La said...

I love that idea of project happiness. That was a cool blog. Good for you for reconnecting with an old friend.

Herways Go West said...

I'll be hanging around this week....come and visit me!

Ang said...

I'm so glad that you posted that picture. I am looking for good photographers. I'm going to check her out.

TLJ said...

hey heidi! i'm glad you're doing project happiness too!:) i really like your blog and your baby boy is SOOO cute. i love his name. (sorry i'm signed in as my hubby...this is tamara)

Reimstar said...

Awe! That is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever told me! Thank you! I feel so famous that Rocky and I made your blog! And by the way, YOU really are one of my most favorite people! What a great idea, Project Happiness!