1.07.2010

I sew! I sew!


I've decided to repeat my last year's resolutions since I didn't do any of them in 2009. Thanks to my Christmas gift from my parents, I'm able to resolve to learn how to sew in 2010. And look, I finished my first project and it's only January 7th. It's probably the simplest sewing project in the book, but it still took me starting over three times. First time I sewed all the way from ankle to waist, leaving no room to put a butt in there. Second time the crotches (is there a nicer word?) were totally mismatched, but luckily third time's the charm. These were originally meant to fit Taft, but I don't think they're gonna. If you are having a baby boy or have a baby boy smaller than Taft you may be receiving a one of a kind Baseball Lounge Pant by Heidi. I know you want 'em.



This is how I felt when I was done. I'm saying Woo hoo!!!



And this is me patting my self on the back. Well done.



Seth gets home from interviews in San Diego tonight. He's not even going to recognize me now that I'm practically a domestic goddess.

(p.s.  and no I didn't shower today.)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

the sewing really is great but getting on your new years goals by Jan 7th?? Amazing :)

Jame said...

When in the world did your hair get so long!? I have never noticed it being as long as it looks in the last picture! I love it. Way to go on being such a great homemaker! Very impressed Heids! :)

Melanie Herway said...

Wow! I'm impressed, not only with your sewing but that you're accomplishing your goals. You are good motivation for me to get sewing again.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. I don't think I've sewed anything since the pillowcase I made in Home Ec in middle school.

Kathleen said...

Congratualtions! I'm proud of you:) I'm sure that you will make many cute things in the years to come. I'm kind of jealous of your sewing machine... as you know, my ancient relic leaves a lot to be desired.

Herways Go West said...

If you need any sewing tips I have lots....
1)don't do it. You will only get frustrated.
2) stick with projects, not clothes, then they don't have to fit
3) master the straight line and count yourself lucky
other inspiring tips can wait....

Ang said...

Love them! And, ps, your hair is getting so long!

Colie said...

Practically? Dear, you ARE a domestic goddess.

natalie said...

great job! I haven't sewn any clothes, but I have found myself using my sewing machine a lot. What a great gift.