12.06.2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

I wasn't really looking forward to my birthday all that much this year. Birthdays just aren't that excited once you stop having parties with cake, ice cream, and mounds of presents. To my wonderful surprise however, this birthday was so great!!

The day started off with pancakes made by Chef Seth! Then, when I got to work my office door had streamers and signs that said, "Happy Birthday Heidi!" and office was decorated with streamers and signs as well! My friend at work, Amber, had gotten to work early to decorate and she also gave me really good hand soap from B&BW. THEN...a few minutes later a few people came and sang Happy Birthay. THEN...my other friend at work Ashley, brought me a 12-pack of Diet Pepsi, a bag of Tootsie Rolls (i love em), and a bag of those tasty Cadbury eggs that they make at Easter, but also make at Christmas now. THEN...my friend Abbie (who I also work with) brought me another 12-pack of Diet Pepsi, a bag of Smartie's (which I also love), and some way cute kitchen towels from Anthropologie(I had mentioned once when we were at Gateway how I loved Anthropologie's kitchen towels and she rememebered!) I know, I was really feeling loved and it was only 11:00! Throughout the day I received text messages and phone calls from family and friends wishing me a great day. My friends from work and I all went out to lunch and it was delish. After work, Seth gave me his presents and a note that made me cry. Oh, and I got another 12-pack of Diet Pepsi from him as well. I think I'll be set for a while. Hey Lara, need some Pepsi?
Speaking of Pepsi, everyone at work thinks I'm sick for liking D.P. They're all Diet Coke drinkers. Seth gave me a yoga mat...which I have been so excited to get. He also got me some snickerdoodles from Paradise bakery (he even wrapped them! so cute.) I Love those cookies.

I just realized almost the entire day was about food. Oh well!

Seth and I later went to dinner at such a good restaurant called, Trio. SOOOO YUMMY. We had an appetizer that made us both think of Seth's mom Anita. When we were eating it I said, "I bet your mom would love this!" and he said he was just thinking the same thing. Ha! Anita, you're probably curious what it was! It was Rosemary Flatbread with carmelized onions, goat cheese, and roasted red peppers and tomatoes.

It was such a great day! Tonight we're continuing to celebrate by going to a play at Pioneer Theater Company. The celebrating will continue until Sunday night when I'll have my family b-day party.

In conclusion, birthdays are so great, as long as you're with people you love and people who love you! Even just getting a phone call or text on your birthday totally makes your day. Birthdays are the best even when you don't have mounds of presents, cake, and ice cream.

7 comments:

Melanie Herway said...

I really don't think a birthday can get much better than that, and you definitely deserve it!! Happy Birthday!

RyanandHailee said...

I am glad you had such a great day! You are loved :) Your the best!

Herways Go West said...

Carmelized onions, goat cheese, roasted red peppers on rosemary flatbread. Sign me up! I would love it! How come Seth is so good at his "notes". I love them. Made you cry??? I remember an airplane ride where I was reading one of his "notes" and I was crying and the poor lady next to me...well, I can't imagine what she must have thought. Death? Divorce? No, just my sweet son wrote me a note! Next birthday is Nicole!!!

La said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad that all your friends know what is important to you. LOL!!! I guess I won't give you the DP 12 pack that is waiting for you at my house. Seriously. Funny, huh? I think you might still want the card?

natalie said...

What a fun day. That is funny about the diet pepsi. I personally think pepsi is sick. Sorry. Noel always gets that or dr. pepper so I won't ask for a sip. How rude.
Happy Birthday!

Heidi said...

No offense taken. When I think about it, it is way gross, but for some reason I still love it. Addiction.

Colie said...

I'm all about those kinds of birthdays. I'm glad you had a fun one!