1.17.2012

Yukie Tookie Turned 1!


December 31st is now double awesome because not only is it New Years Eve but also Luke's birthday!

Birthday Boy with Grandpa...pre-plunge. This is the first thing Luke does when someone holds him, puts his fingers straight in their mouth.

Sisters...post-plunge


My parents and sisters were in Northern California a few days after Christmas for my niece's baptism. They decided to head our way to celebrate Luke's birthday with us. New Year's Eve morning our ward hosted a Polar Bear Plunge that Seth, my dad, and sisters all participated in. 

Later in the day we had a small celebration at our park for Luke's birthday. Our friend Logan was turning 2 the same week so we had a combo birthday bash. Lukie wasn't too sure about his cake at first, but eventually realized that it was delicious. Taft had a hard time understanding why Luke got to have a birthday party but he didn't. We kept telling him his birthday would be soon, that it was in March. He kept telling us, "My birthday is not marching!" Poor confused little dude. Lukie got some great gifts from our families, his favorite is probably a ride on CAT construction truck from my parents. 




Note to self: add the other pictures.  (Our computer is having issues and I have a lot more pictures to add)


I can't believe Lukie is already one. He's such a sweet boy. I'm sad that he can't stay my baby forever. He's not walking on his own yet, but loves to walk while holding our hands. He loves climbing stairs, but doesn't know how to go down them yet and will go head-first without any hesitation. He likes a variety of food, but is currently protesting bananas. I don't blame him. He's had at least 1 banana every day for the past six months. He goes to bed around 7/7:30 and will talk to himself until he falls asleep. He's been better about sleeping straight until 6:30/7 but occasionally still wakes up in the night and needs help falling back asleep. He takes two 2-hr naps during the day. He loves bath time, and especially loves it when he and Taft get crazy with the splashing. He's super ticklish and has a cutesy laugh. He has two teeth, with the third just breaking through the gum this week. He has a bit of stranger anxiety but is easily soothed with iPhones, remotes, or any small handheld electronic device. Lukie loves when Taft plays with him, as long as Taft stays nice and doesn't wrestle/manhandle him too much. As can only be expected, he loves to dance to the beat, just like his dad. WE LOVE LUKE!










My brother and his brother-in-law were driving back to Texas from the baptism in NorCal, so they spent New Years Eve and New Years day too. All we were missing was Carissa and Jayda! Lanx's boyfriend (Yeah! He's cute and great!) was even here to party. New Years Eve we all went to dinner minus the boysies. Seth had to work the rest of the time my family was here, but we had a great time. I love having visitors (hint, hint to everyone I know...and like). Sunday my parents took Taft with them and everyone else to the Mormon Battalion so Luke and I could nap. Some pictures:

Grandpa and Taft panning for gold


Uncle Pete and Taft
It was a great weekend! Thanks for coming family!


8 comments:

Kathleen said...

We had such a great time! I miss all of you and your wonderful beach weather! LOVE the photo of grandpa and Yukie:)

Lanxie Jo said...

best new years i'd say - thanks for hosting all of us. I think the boys were on their best behavior - ever. see you all in a few weeks :D

Taylor Bluth said...

It sure was fun! Can't wait for sprizzing brizzeak!!

natalie said...

Happy birthday luke!
poor taft. his bday is marching away from him. lol

La said...

Cute Luke. I really think he should win some kind of cuteness award.

Jen and Jared said...

Happy Birthday Luke! He's such a handsome little guy. Jared and I were just talking again about visiting you guys. We'll see if it actually happens. :)

Herways Go West said...

Cutesy Luke. Love the blond hair/blue eyes and Taft's brown hair/brown eyes combo. Beautiful boys! Glad Luke had such a great celebration with so many family members. I would have loved to have seen the polar plunge, but I would never do it! ugh.

Colie said...

Americans shake hands to greet, Maoris smell each other to greet, Lukie pokes his finger in your mouth to greet. Makes total sense.