We had a very lovely Christmas this year. Christmas Eve I had planned to make a fancy pants dinner, because that's the tradition I grew up with. Our friends ended up asking if we wanted to roast hot dogs on the beach instead...so we did and we had our fancy pants dinner on Christmas day.
After the roasting we brought our boys home, dressed them in their Christmas jammies, left cookies out for Santa, and read a couple of Christmas stories. Seth and I spent the rest of the evening setting up the gifts and watched Christmas Vacation. A classic, but probably not the best movie to get in to the true spirit of Christmas. Oh well.
The boys woke up bright and early as usual. We spent the rest of the day playing with toys, going to church, a walk to the beach, and ended with said dinner. It was very simple and very lovely.
p.s. sometimes Taft calls me Emily. She's a girl tank engine from Thomas and Friends.
1.17.2012
Christmas 2011
Posted by Heidi at 8:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Awwww! I love those videos...there is nothing better than seeing the joy in little children's faces on Christmas morning. Thanks so much for posting these!!!
I like that taft gets excited about socks, and toothbrush and stuff that i would be excited about :D and that yukie liked when you had the cow in his face :D
Hey, Cash got socks, puffs, lotion, and a toothbrush in his stocking too!! Cool:) Santa knows best!
Love christmas morning! Luke's hair reminds me of seth's in videos I've seen of christmas morning. ;)
Brauer says, "I like watching Santa bring presents to Taft. Can Taft come to my house on Saturday?"
Your boys are adorable! Glad you guys had a great Christmas!
I love that cereal was part of the stocking gift....Santa brought that at our house as well in the 'early years'....don't think it would be appreciated anymore!
It was a great day, and fun to talk to you!
Post a Comment