Despite the poop-capades we've been dealing with I still really, really, really love our boys. I've been having anxiety already just thinking about going back to school next year. It's a YEAR away and I'm still just dreading being gone and having someone else take care of my little dudes.
Taft likes to get in Luke's crib with him and wrestle (Luke is not a huge fan though). Earlier today Taft had his arm around Luke and kept saying over and over "Best Friends, Wuke! BEST FRIENDS!" I hope one day they'll be best friends.
Taft usually wakes up in a very good mood after his nap and will usually snuggle with me for a good 15 minutes. It's one of the BEST parts of my day.
Lately Taft likes putting on pieces of clothing he gets out of the dirty clothes (gross). It's usually something that's mine or Seth's and his huge on him. He puts it on and says, "I'm a princess!" I think he thinks dresses, or things that looks like dresses are princesses, I'm not quite sure, but I've been trying to correct him by telling him he's a prince. He must have been offended him because he always tells me, "You're NOT a princess Mom!"
We live on a block that has several kids, mostly boys. The ages range from 2-9 (ish). Taft thinks all the boys are THE coolest. Whenever he sees them he gets way excited and always says "What's going on guys?!" They usually laugh and tell him to say it again. It's kind of sad because he wants to play with him so bad but they're so much older and are only interested in him for a few seconds.
Taft has been good at sleeping lately but usually gets up three or more times before he finally falls asleep for the night. The getting out of bed sequence usually goes:
1. "I need water."
2. "I need to go potty."
3. "I need one toy."
4. "I need water."
Luke is army crawling all over the place now. I really have to watch him because he always seems to go straight for electrical cords. He is a very smiley boy. He is just about perfect in every way, except for his whiney hours from 5-7. Oh-my-good-gracious, that kid can whine. It's at the perfect time of day too, when I'm trying to get dinner ready and the house picked up. Combined with the whining, my anxiety level is just about through the roof. He still doesn't have any teeth yet (Taft had his first two by this age) and although he drools non-stop I still don't see anything swelling or breaking through. He loves to roam around the floor when Taft's not around, it means he gets to play with whatever toy he wants! Even though Taft loves Luke, he has a really hard time sharing with him. No matter what the toy or thing is that Luke has, Taft snatches it right up. Lukie does not like it. I gave Luke his first puff treats this week and was trying to get him to feed himself. Instead of picking up the puff out of my hand he would just lean over with his mouth open straight to my hand. Luke is a great sleeper and I think maybe a little bit lazy. He sleeps about 12 hours (getting up once to eat) every night, takes a 2ish hour morning nap and a 2ish hour afternoon nap and is already tired again by 6:30. He's super ticklish, likes to attack your face with his hands and mouth, and will rip big chunks of hair right out of your scalp. Oh and his blue eyes make everyone swoon.
8.22.2011
But I Still Love Him
Posted by Heidi at 4:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Those Herways and their blue eyes!!
The smile makes everyone swoon too. So excited to see those boys soon!
Love this post and miss these boys. Don't know why I had so much anxiety to start working -- it's so overrated
"best friends wuke!!"
so cute.
haha. They already are best friends!
Whining is the worst! I hear you.
At least Luke is young enough to get away with it. One little girl whined and cried at Bryn's bday party for the entire two hours. And she is almost 4!! I wanted to send her home. ugh.
Great post! I love him too and can't wait to see Taft and Luke. I love that you captured so much of what is going on with them right now.
I need to see a new recent photo of those baby blues!
Can't wait for next week!!!
I. can't. wait. to. hang. out. with. you. guys.
Great update. Thanks for taking the time! I bet you can't even imagine how excited I am to meet Luke. And I am sure the boys will be best friends for life....I mean they have been sharing binkies and hats from the get go!
Bedtime. It is frustrating how many excuses they can dream up. Luke needs his sleep....I can't imagine how much energy it must take to crawl everywhere.
Oh the joys of potty training! Worst phase of my life so far. Best advice I got was to buy unders you don't care about and just cut them off and trash them instead of cleaning up poop all the time.
Heidi what are you going back to school for?? Your boys are super cute. I can't believe how big Luke is. Isn't it fun for them to have brothers? I love that Brennan is into playing with Trevor now. It melts my heart.
I love the best friends!! That is beyond cute :) What adorable boys!!
Isn't potty training the best? Little stinker! He sure is cute though. I love that his brother is his best friend, Hopefully it stays that way forever! Luke is quite the little sleeper, how nice! I wish I could get Piper to take a 2 hour nap one time during the day.
Post a Comment