We had a great holiday weekend. We went up to L.A. for part of the weekend to hang out with one of Seth's best friends from college and his family. We arrived at their house Saturday morning and they had breakfast waiting for us then we all headed to the beach. We BBQ'd in the evening and then the dad's took over kid duty while the mom's had a night out at the movies. It was a great!
Monday Seth had the day off so we were able to enjoy the Fourth of July festivities together. Our ward held a breakfast at the parade and Taft seemed to really like the parade (for the most part) but Luke got sleepy so he took a nap in the shade. They had live patriotic music going all day at the park so we spent a chunk of the day there. We ate traditional 4th of July foods for dinner...watermelon, corn on the cob, hot dogs, you know.
Taft ended up taking a really, really late nap but didn't wake up so I had to wake him for fireworks. I gave him dinner but he was doing his sleep eating thing again. When he finished he was just awake enough to tell me he wanted to go to bed. So...we missed fireworks BUT we still had a great last weekend before Seth started his 70 hour work weeks.
Lastly, a shout out to all our military members and their families. There's a Navy base here so there was a lot of military personnel at the parade. I'm grateful for those that sacrifice and dedicate their lives to serving our country. (Go Pete!)



10 comments:
Haha I sure do love those eat/sleeping videos. Cute pics :)
Taft will make an awesome Bishop someday....he can sleep and still function in the waking world at the same time! So funny!
Luke's little stripped outfit is so patriotic! I love it. Makes his blue eyes really sparkle! Man, we are so way overdue to get to snuggle with that kid....or does he snuggle?
I couldn't stop laughing at Taft "sleep eating." Funny thing is, Colby does the same thing, not as funny as a kid doing it though!
bahaha. I thought taft's sleep eating was a one time thing. Does he do this often?
I love all the updates. I miss you guys. Maybe we shoulda moved to Cali. It looks super fun. Let's chat.
Thanks for the shout out nog:)
Taft is so cute. Nate really got a kick out of the video. Out loud funny. Luke just melts my heart. Remember, once we move to St. George we will have an extra room for any pit stops you need on the way to Salt Lake.
Lol! that sleep eating is hilarious!
At first I thought "maybe Taft is just savoring his food, you know, food-critic-style", but no - he's just a really good multi-tasker! Love Wookie's sparkling blue eyes & sweet smile. Thanks for letting me come visit!
That is the sweetest, funniest thing! I love his sleep eating! So dang cute!!
Post a Comment