 |
| Cute |
 |
| Sweet. Taft asked me to lay Luke by him when he was watching a movie. |
 |
| Naughty. Taft asked for some yogurt one afternoon, which was obviously a decoy so he could draw on our chair with permanent marker. Ironically, just the night before I was looking for more kid-friendly wipe-able fabric to redo the chairs in. |
 |
Naughty (kinda but not really). We've started Operation No Mercy at the Herway household. Taft needs to learn to sleep on his own without us laying by him. We've had two successful nights of getting him to fall asleep on his own and go back to sleep on his own when he gets up after his regular 3 night time wake ups. Today I put him in his bed for nap/quiet time. He played, or made a giant mess, for about an hour and fell asleep on his own once all of his possession were sprawled about his floor. Hey, if that's what he needs to do to fall asleep on his own, I'm cool with it.
|
One more naughty. The other night we were eating at Le Cafe (the hospital cafeteria) and when we were finished we were walking back to the elevators. Taft was being a slow poke behind us and when we looked back to tell him to come along HE WAS GONE!! This was the first time we had lost him anywhere. I immediately started imagining that someone would take him. Luckily it was the weekend and evening so there weren't very many people there. Seth hurried and called security but by the time he called them, they said a nurse had just called from another level and said when the elevator doors opened, out walked a little 2 year old boy, wearing a Thomas shirt and green frog boots and a great big smile. We get in an elevator everyday at our apartment and we're at the hospital quite a bit so I guess Taft just thought he knew what to do, got on an elevator and went to check out what was happening a couple floors up. Stinker.
Three month olds on the other hand are just too cute and haven't learned to be naughty. Soon enough Luke, soon enough.
 |
| He doesn't live in his car seat even though both of the pictures are in his car seat. |
11 comments:
Perfect timing I've been missing these boys!
Same here.. love it all.
I love TT's rain jacket! I looked to see if he was sleeping among his 'destroyed' room...but you must have taken that after he came out? I agree, whatever it takes. No price is too high to get a kid to sleep...
The elevator escape story is a classic. I can just picture that grin as he exits the elevator on his own. That just makes me laugh.
Luke is really changing. Getting his own look and personality. Big Blue eyes....
oh, and permanent marker. those need to be kept with the dangerous medicines, under lock and key!
I can't wait to see you guys! I love naughty Taft, it is so much more interesting. BTW, Luke keeps getting cuter and cuter and cuter.
I like your methods to get Taft to sleep on his own. It sounds familiar. :)
I can't believe he went up the elevator! Good thing you were at the hospital and could call security. What if you had been somewhere else? It would have been much harder to find him.
It's funny that you just posted about the sleeping chaos 'cause I was just looking into something called the Good Nite Lite. Ever heard of it? It sounds promising. Chase is still in a crib, but we might transition him soon. Ahhhh!
Two-year-olds seem fun! I want one too:) I love reading about your boys and what all y'all are up to.
You know it is hard to imagine these sweet little babies becoming such terrors. They're just so innocent and sweet! Too bad they can't stay that way. Way to be a stickler on the sleeping thing. I'm glad you've gotten success.
I agree with Lanx and Tates. I was hoping for another blog update and this came just at the right time. Those boys are too cute for words. I love the way you write also. It is always so entertaining. Let's make a pact to put all markers, crayons and such out of Bumski's reach while you are at our house:) I would like to avoid recovering furniture if possible. That cute, sweet, naughty boy!
oh my gosh...we just had our first scare with Zeke...hate that feeling!! Love your cute boys and Happy Belated bday to Taft :)
Ah! Luke is getting so big & insanely adorable. Taft is getting so big & insanely ingenious. :)
Post a Comment