Taft may be one of the only children in the United States who does not have a DVD player in the car. (Although a little birdie told me that he is probably getting one for his bday) This is what we do to keep him entertained. It doesn't look like it's working until the end...you will catch a glimpse of a smile.
Taft actually does really well on long car rides thankfully. He has a few moments of insanity but as long as we have snacks and treats (like mother like son) and possibly some soda, toy cars, blankets, his beloved monkey, and of course a binky we are good to go. Right now Luke just needs a blanket and a binky and will sleep for three hours at a time until he needs to eat again. We can handle that.
p.s. Early in our marriage Seth wanted to know what the difference between snacks and treats were. If you're wondering snacks=salty/crunchy/munchy treats=sweet and yes I need both on car rides.
p.p.s. Seth thinks the song says "someone's in the kitchen with DinO" because it rhymes with banjo. Isn't it DinA? I say Dina.
3.02.2011
We should totally start a family singing group...
Posted by Heidi at 8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
:) You guys are fun. . . Taft will appreciate it more with each coming car trip. (btw, what's a road trip without snacks, treats and DP?)
definitely "DinA"....but I'll be interested to hear what Tom thinks.
Still, I always sing it with an 'a'.
(I couldn't get the video to work...will keep trying)
Lol I looove this! I am so glad to see Taft act the way he does because it reassures my that Rocky is not the only little boy who screams in the car. BTW, Rocky doesn't have a dvd player either, and he never will, because I never had one and if I had to endure endless car rides, so will my kids! So we will be the first to buy the Herway Family Singers cd as soon as it comes out. And it is Dina. :)
Hey Seth. Way to drive with no hands for a full minute! lol
Don't feel bad. We just got dvd players for the car this christmas. Bryn is 4 1/2. I held out as long as I could... :)
I think it's Dina too. :) And we don't have a DVD player either. We're way too cheap. I'm sure if it gets bad enough we'll find a way though.
Another vote for "Dina".
I'm so glad that you get these wonderful memories on video. They are priceless.
Google says "Dinah" - with an h, apparently; although Seth has a good point. Taft would probably prefer to see a dino(saur) than a Dinah.
You guys are way more entertaining than a DVD! I guess the only problem is that a DVD can repeat endlessly, but parents only have so many repeats before they go nuts. :)
Post a Comment