3.01.2011

Over the river and through the woods a snowmobiling we will go...

Before deciding he HATED snowclothes and snowmobiles

Cutie Pie Scarlet


Gorgeous Daphne

Tough Guy Brauer






We were the beneficiaries of a week in Driggs, ID at a cozy cabin owned by my SIL's dad. We were there with the Dan/Lara Herways, a.k.a. Draper Herways(the ones with the hook up) and the Jake/Mel Herway a.k.a Manhattan Herways.

We had such a great time and there was talk of making it a tradition every Presidents Day week (I'm going to remind the Draper Herways of this next year). Seth was able to snowmobile a lot and I even made it out of couple of times and LOVED it. I didn't even get so-cold-I-could-cry like I usually do. We've learned that we have a 2 year old chicken for a child who's newest phrase came after us trying to get him to ride the snowmobile, "I don't wike it". We couldn't even get his snowclothes on without him saying repeatedly and with a lot of enthusiasm (read: freaking out) "I don't WIKE it! I don't WIKE it!" Ugh. Seth blames me for Taft's unadventurous personality. I don't blame him for blaming me, I really avoid anything that could possibly hurt me in any way. I do say though, Taft not even two yet and hopefully once this trip becomes a tradition (ahem, Draper Herways) we'll have to pry him off the snowmobile.

I didn't take many pictures, so few that I didn't get a single shot of the Manhattan Herways. I'll take some next year.

We really loved our week with Seth's brothers and their families. I loved our grown-up time when the kids went to bed, seeing the cousins play together, eating yummy food (Lara's meals kick the pants off my twice weekly spaghetti dinners) all in a cozy cabin.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

It looks like it was a great time. I'm glad the Draper Herways have the hook up:)
Don't worry about Taft's unadventurous nature...it means fewer trips to the emergency room!

La said...

Taft will be a snow mobiling machine next year. No worries. And I had a blast and I want to go back. . .

Taylor Bluth said...

When I come for spring break, I'll smack the kid around a bit. No problem. Loved the video... Eventhough the boy wasn't havin it, I got a major kick outta it! :) 14 days!!!!

Taylor Bluth said...

Ps.. I dig the RUN DMC shirt.

Herways Go West said...

not only do Lara/Dan have the hook-up, the really awesome part is that Lara is in charge of the hook up! Now that's a connection! I think we are all getting addicted to driggs!

natalie said...

SO FUN! I would have loved to be there hanging out with all of you.