About a week a half ago while in Utah, Taft started getting sick. He had a cough, a fever, and an ear infection. After two days and about ten coughs right in Luke's face (he can't help it, he just loves his little brother), Taft had passed along his sickness to is teeny tiny brother. Seth was already back in Spokane by this point and was nervous about Luke and flew the three of us home earlier than planned. It was a good thing too because Little Lukie got progressively worse over the past few days and last night we found ourselves in the ER with an RSV positive baby.
Earlier yesterday we took Luke in to the pediatrician and he sent us home with a nebulizer and some medicine. About an hour after the treatment Luke was still sounded bad, maybe even worse so we took him in.
He tested positive for RSV and was admitted to be monitored overnight. He got his very own hospital room with his own teeny tiny hospital bed. Luckily, he responded well to all the treatments he received and we were given the go-ahead to take him home this morning.
He's doing lots, lots better. It's absolutely awful to have sick babies, especially when they are still so brand new and tiny. We haven't gotten much sleep these past few days but we are so so so glad that our little Lukie Pookie is doing well.
Can I just say that the Children's Hospital is one of the saddest places on earth? It was so sad to hear little kids crying all through the night, asking for their moms, and just feeling awful. I feel so lucky that my boys have been relatively healthy and we've only had to go to the hospital once. I can't imagine how emotionally and physically draining it would be to have a chronically sick child.



11 comments:
Oh no, Heidi! I am so sorry. Poor Luke! I'm so glad that you guys got home and could be with Seth. What a bad time to be in Utah. I swear that everyone around here has been sick the last few weeks.
Oh man. . . I know what RSV is like. It is way scary to hear your baby struggle to breath. I am happy to hear that you guys are back at home. Please keep me posted.
Scary! But so glad to hear that Luke is improving. Thank you sooooo much for posting the pictures and information quickly. So is it medicine or time that is needed to get better with RSV? Or both? Luke is so cute, even when he doesn't feel well!
Oh, and I agree. I can't imagine having to spend your time in a hospital with a chronically sick child. There are some truly sad, sad, things some people have to endure out of no fault of their own.
Oh, poor Luke! (And poor you!) There is nothing worse or scarier than a sick baby. I'm so glad he is doing better. Thank heavens for modern medicine. I hope everyone continues to be healthy from here on out :)
I'm so happy to hear that Luke is feeling better. He looks so sweet in his little hospital bed. What a trooper. I know what you mean about Childrens Hospital. I had a friend who worked there as a nurse. I couldn't do it. (And shouldn't, since I don't have a degree).
So sad! Creed was in the hospital last year at this time with RSV. It is so sad! I am glad Luke is doing better! Hope you can catch up on your sleep!
Poor guy. I'm so sorry! What an ordeal. I hope Cormac didn't add to his sickness. I'm glad he's doing better though. Take lots of naps.
The good news is that children's hospitals have some of the best staff. Glad that Luke is doing better. Now go take a nap! :)
Oh No..... I was so worried that is how it would turn out! It is so.. awful I am so glad you headed home when you did and that Little Luke is doing better! I thought it was scary enough for Kylee let alone little luke! I am so... sorry! I hope you can get some rest and he continues to get better!
Hang in there! It does pass thankgoodness :)
So sad and scary. I'm glad you guys went home early and that Luke is doing better.
Post a Comment