2.06.2011

Lukas aka Baby Model




I got a sneak peak at a couple of Luke's newborn pictures and I'll share them with you. (Aren't you lucky?) You should check out the girls website who took these. She hadn't done babies before but from these two shots I think she did great! Her stuff is really beautiful and I think she does really great stuff. She's in Spokane right now but is from Utah so she does come back occasionally and does shoots in Utah if you're interested.

Seth is not a fan of the globe picture. This led to a long debate on whether he was artistically creative or not. (Guess which side I was debating) :) He said, "It's not realistic. Babies don't sit in globes." True. However, I like it and this is how babies shoots are done now. Scrunch them up and put them in a basket. Put them on a suitcase. Put them in a net and hang them from a ceiling. Put them in a globe.

Background for the globe idea: The photographer asked what we liked to do because she likes to incorporate things about the family/people into the set up. I told her we liked to travel and voila! Globes. I really liked the picture when I first saw it but Seth's starting to ruin it for me. However, I love his eyes in the second picture. To die for. Luke is starting to smile and it is so so sweet.


(p.s. The photographer doesn't read our blog so if you by some really weird chance know her personally, please don't tell her Seth doesn't like the globe idea.)

(p.p.s. FACT: Ikea duvet covers (two separate ones) which were formerly on our bed were both used in Taft and Luke's baby pictures. Interesting? No? Just to me? Whatever.)

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love them both! The background on why she used the globe made the globe picture even better for me.
I love the one with his eyes open. That photo reminds me a lot of Taft when he has a newborn.

Taylor Bluth said...

I LOVE THEM! I have the globe one as the background on my phone and one of my friends asked if I had a picture of some random gorgeous baby model or if I knew the baby haha. I said, "He's my new nephew." and I believe her response was, "Shut up!?". Ha Ha Can't wait to meet the little guy.

Jen and Jared said...

Awww, cute. I think the globe works. I just assumed it was 'cause you guys travel (which I'm so jealous of). It's definitely a refreshing change up from the typical wicker basket (which is also still really cute). :)

Abbie O. said...

I love the globe one!! He is a baby model and I hope we get to see you guys again before you leave! Lunch again this week?

La said...

I too love the globe. I think the "love to travel" bit doesn't even matter. . . . it's just aesthetically beautiful. Besides, I LOVE Luke and I think he loves me too. Just sayin'.

Herways Go West said...

Beautiful Luke. And already a world traveler. Fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures and Love the globe idea :) What a beautiful boy Luke is :)

Tyler and Emily said...

he is the cutest baby!

Cindy said...

I love both photos, but the one with his eyes wide open stole heart! I hope I can meet him soon.

Colie said...

I give the globe shot a thumbs up: it's figurative - Luke's the best thing in the world, Luke's larger than life, Luke's your whole world. Best of all? Luke is destined to travel the world so he better start memorizing maps now. :)

natalie said...

I think it's a great picture!
Seth does have a point.... babies don't sleep in globes.
But people also have zits or scratches that they ask me to edit out.
and most families' outfits are not all coordinating.
and what are the chances that every single person in your family is having a good hair day?
So there.