9.30.2009

September was not our month.

1. My car got towed after parking it in what seemed to be a public parking lot
2. My car got broken into. In our apartment complex. Which is supposedly secure.
3. Our stove broke and started smoking 1 hour before we were supposed to leave for our trip.
4. Our laptop got lost/stolen in the airport/train station in Paris. Taft's life in pictures was on that computer.

The sad thing is all these are pretty much my fault too. I was the one who didn't see the five hundred no parking signs. I was the one that left my purse in the car which caught the attention of the thief. I was the one fidgeting with the burner and probably caused the break. I was the one who took the laptop out of the bag to make sure it wasn't wet and set it next to Seth thinking he'd see it and assume to put it back in the bag.

I really like being right. No, I LOVE being right and I HATE being wrong. Sometimes I gloat about being right. Seth has had at least four huge chances in the last month to gloat about not being the one to do any of that stuff that I did. Do you know how many times he did? Zero.

Today is the last day of September. Here's to a better October. I think it will be better. How can your October be bad if it is spent in Sicily, Morocco, and Belgium?



9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Sorry for your "SUCKY" September. Here's to a better October.
You are fortunate to have such a patient non-gloating husband:)

Lanxie Jo said...

lah u nog la dot n sethy n bumski boo boo. i decided u can't go to europe without sometype of mishap. however, we have 2 laptops so maybe u won't be too bad off and luckily u put lots of pics on you blog of tafty poo.

Melanee said...

Have so much fun on your trip. I hope it is wonderful with no mishaps. It was great to see you last weekend too. Thank you so much for coming to the shower. I wish we would have had more time to visit. We'll have to get together after I move back. Have fun on your trip!

La said...

Sad. Your computer? Sad. So... keep a close eye on Taft. Wouldn't want to lose the bumski. :) Have ball traveling the world and living everyones dream life.

Jake said...

I really liked your last post Heidi. It was a good one for me to happen upon. Seth loves you. Had I been the one in your shoes I'd be hearing about it until . . . well I'd be hearing about it. You must be doing something right on the side :)

Herways Go West said...

It's now October. All the bad luck is hopefully OVER. Now we just need to get Buski to sleep in the car/plane/carseat and then we won't feel so bad!

Reimstar said...

Oh my gosh! That breaks my heart about the computer/pictures! Believe it or not I lost our laptop at the airport last Christmas too, I was in big trouble! I sure wish you were here, though I have lots of mommy questions I'd like to talk to you about! But hope you're having a great time!

Jake said...

It has been brought to my attention that I should clarify my last post. "In your shoes" means literally in your shoes. It means how Seth would treat me, if I were you :)

Colie said...

"Wake me up when September ends..."
Now that fall has officially started, here's to your BFE (best fall ever)!