6.02.2009

SO. GOOD.

Since I've been making dinners and now consider myself a superwife, I've really been into finding new recipes and just food in general. My most favorite cooking thing is baking. You MUST try these Peanut Butter Bars. SO. GOOD.



I made these to give to people who made us dinners after I delivered. I might have had to make these twice because maybe we ate most of them before we could give them away.

I also like to pretend they're not too bad for you since they have oatmeal and peanut butter (good source of protein?).



Peanut Butter Bars-(from Gathering of Friends cookbook)

1 c. shortening

1 c. brown sugar

1 c. sugar

2 eggs

1 c. peanut butter

1/2 c. water

1 t. vanilla

3 c. flour

1/2 t. baking soda

3/4 t. salt

3 c. oatmeal


Combine ingredients and spread flat on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 10 mins. Cool. Spread frosting over the top, cut, serve, DEVOUR!


Frosting

1/2 c. butter, softened

3 c. powdered sugar

2 T. milk

1 t. vanilla

3/4 c. to 1 c. cocoa


Whip ingredients with electric mixer until light and fluffy.



On another food note...these are so so good too. Found at Costco. I think these actually are healthy-ish.






And another food note...baked asparagus is so much better than steamed. I got this tip from Tamara. I tossed asparagus with a little bit of olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and baked at 400 for 12 minutes. Perfectly crisp and delish.

4 comments:

Herways Go West said...

I'm delighted to finally know how to cook asparagus! That is a brilliant way to do it. Thanks!

La said...

I will try those cookies bars this evening. Thank you Super Wife.

Reimstar said...

I'm all about food right now. Keep the recipes coming! By the way, taft is adorable~I want to eat him!

natalie said...

Can I add that recipe to my food blog?