6.16.2009

Oh. Em. Gee.

How tasty is this? So tasty I did a little dance when I took my first bite. One of my all time favorite restaurant creations is the Rosemary Flatbread from Trio. SO. GOOD. I tried to make a version similar. Now don't expect like the exact same version as Trio, or else you might be disappointed. It's sure is a close second though. Oh and this is a meal for dos.

"I'm Gonna Buy A Goat" Cheese Pizzas
2 pieces of pita bread (make your own flatbread if you are feeling domestic)
2 ounces of goat cheese (just whatever you feel like)
1 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (or chop up some fresh, I didn't have any)
2 roma tomatoes, chopped and seeded
1/2 a red bell pepper, chopped
handful of fresh spinach leaves
fresh ground pepper
few dashes of balsamic vinegar

Preheat your oven to 400. Place pitas on a cookie sheet and bake for about 4 minutes. Mean while, combine tomatoes, red pepper, and rosemary in a bowl. Remove pitas from oven and spread goat cheese on top. Top the pitas with tomatoes mixture. Put back in the oven for about 4 more minutes, just so veggies and cheese can get hot and wonderful. Before serving dash some balsamic vinegar on the pizzas. Top with a handful of spinach, grind some fresh black pepper, and another dash of balsamic vinegar on top.

If I could only have one cheese for the rest of my life, it would without a doubt with goat cheese. No contest. I need to get myself a goat.

I really wish I had a picture, but unfortunately I inhaled this before I could think to take a picture.

1 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Oh good. In Sept/Oct/Nov we can make this every day!