1.01.2009

Ringing in the New Year Antwerp Style

We spent New Year's Eve watching an amazing fireworks show in Antwerp. I think everyone agreed they hadn't seen a fireworks display quite like it. It was choreographed to music and was really amazing. Getting back to the car was a little scary, just because the crowd was pretty wild and there were people setting off fireworks everywhere. We made it back safely to the car and each enjoyed a dixie cup of sparkling cider. Happy New Year everyone!



Oh and I should mention that it was FREEZING! We were only outside for about an hour and we all dressed as warm as we could. It was worth it to see the fireworks though.

3 comments:

Herways Go West said...

It was a blast! I concur, best fireworks I have ever seen (rivaling the 1976 fireworks in Washington DC)

Kathleen said...

Happy New Year! We had a fun time with Coulams and Kilgores. We actually made it to midnight! We're not as old as we thought.

Anonymous said...

Im so jealous of your travels. You look like your having a blast!