1.01.2009

Art Nouveau

Since this trip to Belgium we knew we'd be sticking mainly in Belgium, Seth thought it'd be a good idea to see/do things that are unique to Belgium and that maybe he hadn't done before. There are several Art Nouveau homes in Brussels, so Seth took it upon himself to see A LOT of them. We only were able to see outside of all of but one them. One has been turned into a museum. I hadn't really heard of this kind of architecture before and it was fun to see. It kind of reminds me of Willy Wonka. According to our tour guide, Seth, Art Nouveau became popular around the turn of the 20th century. Here's a sample:




3 comments:

Herways Go West said...

It's cool stuff. Now you know more about Art Nouveau than I do!

Kathleen said...

Way to go SheogenSeth. I studied Art Nouveau at BYU for my design degree. I'm glad that you were able to learn about it and appreciate it. Seth probably knows more about it than I do.

Staci Davies said...

Before I read what you wrote, that's exactly what I was thinking. Wonka! Really neat architecture. I'm jealous you got to see so much