Yeah, this is kinda sad, but sue me. I wasn't tagged specifically, but I was looking at someone elses blog and they tagged some people and then said and anyone else who wants to do it. And well, I'm looking for something to do besides work at the moment.
10 years ago...
I was an eigth grader at Union Middle School. I was all about friends...friends were LIFE! Some of my BFFs included Jamie Johns, Amber McCune, Staci Shelton, Michelle Gratzinger, Patrice Knudsen, Janessa Morrison, Jacee Frandsen, Hailee Carlson, like I said friends were life. I had a huge crush on Mark Barnes (as did the rest of the 8th grade girls) and Ryan Button (seriously it was crazy how every girl liked the same guys) and Aaron Rickford. I hated Mr. Markle's history class and I loved my team sports class with Michelle and Jacee. I had Spanish and sat in front of Nick Provstgaard, a ninth grader, who would talk to me. I was so shy and hardly ever would talk back. LOL, what a dork! In eigth grade I made a New Year's Resolution to paint my finger nails to match my outfit every day. Our friends passed around a notebook where we talked about who liked who and other personal middle school dish. One day some boys stole it and Amber, Michelle, and I chased them down the street in bare feet for a long time. I'm laughing out loud right now because I remember swearing at the boys to give the book back! This is also the year I got my braces off. I wore boots with shorts on picture day and my friends never let me forget it. I honestly don't think I looked that ridiculous but my friends sure did and it is forever engrained in their memories.
5 things I did today...
Checked my voicemail from while I was on vacation
Checked my email " " "
Ate very tasty Thai food that I made last night (gotta love leftovers for lunch)
Checked some blogs
Oh and I worked, honestly I did.
Snacks I enjoy...
chips and salsa, baked lays (BBQ), goldfish all accompanied by a refreshing carbonated diet beverage.
If I were given a billion dollars...
I would invest it...psyche! I would buy everything my heart and anyone else's heart desired.
3 Bad Habits...
Popping every joint that will pop
Eating Candy
Being grumpy because our house is messy
5 Jobs I've had...
Well I've had about 5 jobs times 4! Here's a few:
1. After-school sweeper (another name for a janitor...I was 14)
2. Truck-driver recruiter (I have stories)
3. Server at Goodwood BBQ (my longest job ever...almost 2.5 years)
4. Server Joe Morley's BBQ (what can I say...I love BBQ)
5. Current job...Social worker
5 things you probably don't know about me...
1. I went through a phase of wanting to be a hard core skier. In high school I wanted to be like Emily Broadwater and Nanette Morgan who are both way good at snowboarding, wakeboarding, anything involving a board basically. I laugh now because I can barely make it through 2 runs befor I need the lodge and hot chocolate. I still admire both Emily and Nanette for being so dang cool.
2. I've never broken a bone (another reason I wouldn't have made it as a skier)
3. I'm still afraid of the dark.
4. I was put on "tracking" in high school. As I've posted before, I was not so great with making it to all of my classes. My mom made the school put me on tracking. I had to have all my teachers sign a paper saying I was in class and then turn it in to the VP at the end of each week.
5. I've never seen Star Wars or Lord of the Rings (and I don't have any desire to see them either)
3.06.2008
yet another tag
Posted by Heidi at 3:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Funny that we would have totally ditched class together in high school. :)
That was a fun tag. I can't believe that you painted your nails to match every outfit. That is some serious commitment. I don't even think I owned nail polish until 10th grade. Of course then I just had fake nails because my natural nails suck.
I am excited to see you and Seth tomorrow with your fresh "tans". :)
I love these things...you had a funny childhood ;) and how was your trip???
I like the tracking idea. (ha!) Did you know I missed school every Friday to go skiing and I still got Student of the Year. I guess my school had their priorities right.
Oh, that was from your mother-in-law, not Colie who is on a mission!
Now it's me....
ha! I didn't know you were on tracking in highschool! If only you had a picture of the outfit with shorts and boots... I want to see some pics of your trip so I can live vicariously through you!
Heidi-
That was great! I hated Mr. Markle's history class too! Excpect that I got a lot of good note writing done in that class!
I can still picture us running down the street barefoot chasing after the boys, we were so funny!
Post a Comment