3.13.2008

Cabo Wabo

We've been home from Cabo just over a week and man do I need a vacation again. Cabo was absolutely perfect although way too short. The weather was in the eighties every day and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky the whole time. My sunburn is proof of that. We got there Sunday afternoon, took a shuttle to our hotel, checked in as fast as humanly possible, ran up to our room even faster, and changed into our swimsuits even faster. It was about 4:00 by that time, so the sunbathing hours were practically over, but we took a walk on the beach and just enjoyed the perfect weather. On the walk we came across a totally disgusting washed up fish. It was one of those puffer kind of fish and it's eyes were kinding bulging out. Sick.
Monday we woke up at the crack of dawn. We wanted to get as much time in the sun as possible. However, we would later regret that decision. We caught a water taxi over to Lover's Beach (oo la la). We got a little tour from the taxi driver and say two whales!!! It was way cool. Once we got to the island Seth went snorkeling and I laid on the beach (no duh!). I enjoyed Sudoku, sun, and reading The Lovely Bones (kinda a weird book). Seth came back from snorkeling and said I should totally go, that he saw the coolest fish, and even saw one half the size of him! Ummm...does Seth not know me at all? How would I find a giant monster fish cool when I can't even swim with anything the size of a tadpole! Oh! and he said it looked like the fish was smiling! How freaky is that? His description of what he saw in the water pretty much solidied my decision to never, EVER snorkel. I really think that had I seen that fish I would have absolutely FREAKED out and possible would have drowned. I'm even getting freaked thinking about it.
Tuesday, more time in the sun. Had a heck of time trying to order Subway sandwiches in Spanish. Tuesday night, realize we are TOTALLY fried. It hurts to shower, wear clothes, put on aloe, breathe.
Wednesday, wake up, both decide we are too scared to go in the sun because it will hurt our burns, decide to go to the pool, but kind of sit in the shade. Seth entered us in ping-pong tournament, I smoked a 10 year old and Seth and won the tournamet, won a free pina colada, ordered it with no alcohol and got a funny look, took the shuttle back to the airport.
During our stay we also ate our weight in mangos and got stopped in the grocery store and some guy tried to talk us into going to a presentation where we would get $100 cash and a bottle of Tequila but regretfully passed on the offer.
All in all, it was a very, very good few days.

Heidi's highlight of the trip: SUN, SUN, SUN Heidi's low point: The burn, the burn, the burn

Seth's highlight of the trip: Seeing a man-eating fish Seth's low point: Losing the Coral Baja Ping Pong Tournament to Heidi.

(I answered that for Seth, but he really was shocked that he lost to me. Helloo, you were playing against a highschool JV tennis champ! :) )


Scuba Seth






(Uh, I was a little sleepy in this pic)

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhgIzqNd_28i1ZZWRadzQrVjq7KAW_-PoRiTapeyDrJ5Ew1UW_QX9jm9-Bx1_z1t2tSp4hdNbmQK2lHz17UtJcF1FfniY-gkrjh4BaLGNCl1zBJKtm13b9Y6ujUsS9lFbmX5ibr-Sn9oew/s1600-h/CIMG2187.JPG">

6 comments:

Melanie Herway said...

SOOOOOOOOOO beautiful, what a vacation! It's so funny how we all love to soak in as much sun in the beginning and then hide from it the rest of the time. Our honeymoon was like that. So glad you guys had a good time!!

Herways Go West said...

Ok, you don't have to convince me...I want to go! Looks really pretty, and perfect weather, and perfect sand and water. Can't get any better than that! Take care of those burns, ouch!

La said...

I love the pictures!! I am very jealous and I so need a tropical vacay, like today. Dan and I need to go to Mexico. Maybe next year.

RyanandHailee said...

How fun! You guys look like you had a blast. I am very jealous. Cabo is my absolute favorite. Lovers beach is so... beautiful. We loved it. Miss you we need to get together soooooon :)

Staci Davies said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Sorry about the burns....that's no fun! Heid, I didn't realize that with you and fish! hah. I sometimes feel the same in the water, but I try to be tough. Fish are creepy. You better call me if you're down here - Mikah is getting married the last weekend of this month, so we may not be around. Let me know

Herways Go West said...

Hey, Tom just enlarged the shot of the beach. Is that Heidi soaking up the sun all alone on the beach? Wow, what a secluded area! It really does look beautiful.