I'll admit it, I'm not a very good self-motivator. Things that motivate me: money, prizes, material items, treats, etc. Things that don't motivate me: it's good for your health, you'll feel better, you'll look good in your spring and summer time clothes. I do think being accountable to other people might be a good motivator, so...I'm telling you all that I am going to train for a half-marathon. I've actually been doing well with my training program so far and haven't missed a day except for when we were babysitting a family for a couple of days. I've decided to post my progress as I go along with the training. I did finish a marathon about a year and a half ago, but I didn't really run the whole thing. I ran/walked/limped the last 13 miles. So what! At least I finished it right? Well, I want to actually run and run well this time, plus it's only a half-marathon this time.
I am also trying to eat better. My dinner last night: handful of frosted mini-wheats, 2 clementine oranges, and some hagen daz chocolate sorbet. Eh...so I'm not doing so well with that one. ALTHOUGH, I did run 5 miles last night after that, and then came home and had some steamed veggies. I won't post what I eat and don't eat because who really cares what I eat. You sure don't! But I might post when I feel good about something and when I don't. Just so I feel like I'm accountable to someone. K, thanks, bye.
2.21.2008
What's for Dinner? Chocolate Sorbet!
Posted by Heidi at 3:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Half marathon? Thats far! I've been writing down everything that I eat, and for me that's a pretty good motivator. It is a little embarrasing to have to list 4 cookies and a few servings of ice cream, even if I'm the only person to see my spreadsheet...
I wish I could join in with you but I just have no motivation! I am excited to see the updates of how you are doing though!
You are indeed brave. When is the marathon and where? Will Seth run with you? Don't discount finishing a marathon AT ALL, that is quite an accomplishment.
Food choices. It's the bane of our existence. Books, talk shows, idle conversation, research, etc. all center around it many times...it's just a part of life. My question. Why do the French get to eat fabulous bread, chocolate for breakfast and throughout the day, wine, cheese and they still look so great. I don't get it.
Dan said he ate crepes every morning on his mission. Maybe the trick is that we should all move to France!
A marathon is indeed a very great accomplishment as is a half marathon, so let us know which one you will run in and we'll all mark our calendars. Go Heidi!
You go girl! hah. Good job for trying, at least you're watching it. I don't. You sound motivated. That's a lot to do. I will run in one of those before I die, I just haven't figured out when. Yeah, let me know when it is. We'll be rootin' for you guys. Seth is doing it too, I'm assuming. Does he run the whole time? That's hard.
Heidi, I am way proud of you. Good work on your training. I am excited for the half-marathon.
p.s. I think self-motivation is over-rated.
I'm also training for a half marathon and I think writing my accomplishments on my blog is really helping! I think you'll enjoy it! I'm assuming you are running the salt lake half? Maybe I'll see you there!
I am way impressed! You have more self discipline than I could ever have. Good luck with the training.
That is so great!! I wish I was as motivated as you! Hey could you run an extra mile for me?? :)
Post a Comment