2.05.2008

Habit Tag

My sister in law, Natalie, tagged me to do this.

1. I pop my knuckles and have Seth pop my back everday by hugging me hard. Usually he squeezes me so hard it feels like I'm going to pass out.
2. I've been in the habit of singing. A LOT. It mostly only happens around Seth, but he'll say something that will trigger a song in my head and I start singing. It's not the funnest thing to be around since I'm 98% tone-deaf. I've also been into making up songs lately (which don't make sense and don't really have a good tune either)
3. It's not a habit, but it might be becoming one. I am always telling Seth to dry off his hands after washing them or doing the dishes. I don't know why but it DRIVES ME CRAZY when people don't dry their hands. It gets water drips everywhere! (Ok, I might have a little OCD)
4. I can't do anything in the morning, shower, eat breakfast, anything, without brushing my teeth first. I HATE morning breath.
5. I'd say I have a major habit of drinking Diet Pepsi. However, I'm very proud to admit that I am on my second week of drinking caffeine free Diet Pepsi and have not had one withdrawal induced headache.
6. I have a habit of looking at blogs way too often.
7. I have a habit of not wearing my seatbelt.
8. I have a habit of buying stuff, then realizing I don't need it, and then returning it. It's my version of retail therapy. Buy something to make me feel good, but then when I feel good I just take the item back. I don't use it or anything. I just keep it in the bag until I'm ready to take it back. But let's be honest, I end up keeping a lot of the stuff I don't need.
8. This isn't really a habit as much as just an inevitable event, but as soon as I lay on my bed at the end of the day, even for one second, I'm done for for the rest of the night. Example: Last night I took a shower after the gym, laid on my bed in my robe and towel on my head. I could have slept like that had Seth not made me get ready for bed. I think my job makes me mentally exhausted and therefore I become physically exhausted as well. I don't know how I'll make it as a mom. Mom's work way harder than I do.


I tag EVERYONE who reads this.

9 comments:

Melanie Herway said...

Funny habits. But I'm going to be your mom for the moment...WEAR YOUR SEATBELT! You scare me.

La said...

Great list. I love reading your blog it is so entertaining. I am with Mel, WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!

p.s. I am way proud of you for taking the Pepsi challenge! I knew you could do it.

Ang said...

I need Jon to read this because I do the same thing, as soon as I lay down on my bed no matter what time it is after work, I am gone, do not want to get up at all.

Colie said...

I LOVED #2 - the singing one. I do the same thing and it drives everybody around me nuts. It's good to know that someone else has that habit too. Maybe next time we're together we can do a tone-deaf duet!

Herways Go West said...

Loved your blog, but I didn't read it!

Herways Go West said...

Oops, forgot to say that I didn't read it (so that means I'm not tagged, right?)...Besides, I'm the only one in my generation commenting. Are you out there Kathleen???

natalie said...

Nicole also sings a lot and it drives me nuts! I don't know why. It's not like her singing is bad or anything.

I'm with you on drying your hands. Esp in public bathrooms because it's so gross when you go for the door handle and it's all wet and you just have to hope it's water and not....
***Also please wear your seatbelt. Would you put your kid in the car without a car seat? It's the same thing.

Unknown said...

hahaha...i am so glad that you have ocd things too...i totally do the same thing and i feel bad for Lyle but at least hearing you have the towel thing makes me feel normal ;) and congrats with the pepsi challenge..i am trying to do the same thing!!

Herways Go West said...

Oh, I want Seth to hug me that hard. I love it when my back cracks. I used to have them just walk on my back, but now a hug sounds better!