We are in dire need of new flooring. We were originally thinking carpet, but Seth and I love the look of this instead:
Now, here's the thing, it's a wood laminate from IKEA. It's really very affordable too. I'm wondering if this is worth it? I know wood laminate is not nearly as desirable as real wood. Our place is quite small and I was thinking just our entry way, kitchen, and living room. I need honest opinions on this folks.
On a side note, I LOVED our trip to IKEA on Saturday. Most people know that Seth has never been into design, doesn't really like shopping, and does not like spending money, especially on home decor. WELL, this time he was TOTALLY into it and I LOVED it!
2.15.2008
Honest Opinions
Posted by Heidi at 11:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
We are also debating on what to do with our flooring. The problem with crapet is that it gets gross way too fast. Tile or wood flooring is much cleaner. The problem with hardwood floors is they are hard to take care of and get scratched and dented easily. The guy at our home studio when we were building our house pointed out the hardwood floors there were covered in dents from high heels and said he'd never get real wood!
You do NOT want it in your kitchen. We had that in Draper. It's just a pain because it's bad for it to get wet! I think laminate wood is a good, cost effective option as long as it doesn't look fake. I've seen the ones from Ikea, and I think you should go for it.
I like it. Go for it!
I vote yes. I love the dark wood look.
Long Live Ikea!!! Yea, totally go for it. If it works out maybe we will join you. I am so sick of pretty much everything in my house.
I think it looks great! I'm no pro on flooring, but I love the look of wood and know that real wood is rather hard to keep up. Gotta love IKEA!
Well didn't Natlie say it all? It's crapet vs wood. Now it would be another question if it was carpet vs wood, but there you have it!
I'll agree...go for it!
Oops I really meant to say carpet, but I guess my subconscious had other ideas.
Post a Comment