The other day I was at Maverik, my second home, getting my daily Diet Pepsi fix. The ladies at the register know me now. I can't believe I just admitted that, that's actually really sad. I also usually grab a few bite size tootsie rolls too and they always comment when I skip a day of the candy. ANYWAY, this time when I was at the check out stand the lady was like, "Wanna a Pringle?" She pointed to the counter where like 6 opened Pringle cans were sitting. I guess they decided to sample the Pringles that day or something. This doesn't sound that weird, but it really was because first of all, grocery stores usually have samples, not gas stations, and second usually samples are presented in a little cupcake wrapper or a small plastic cup or something. Maverik, however, just pops open the lid and you can just reach in and grab the Pringle of your choice...Original, Salt and Vinegar (blegh!) Pizza, Sour Cream and Onion, BBQ, whatever. It was just really bizarre to me and I had to share. In case you were wondering, I declined on the chip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I wouldn't have taken one either...it sounds a little sketchy. Although, the pizza kind sounds pretty good.
LOL... I also think gas stations are a like on the shady side. However, I must admit that I probably would have snagged one. I never buy chips but I never turn them down either. Oh unless they are salt and vinegar. Who even came up with those? They are the sickest thing ever. They smell like a dirty butt.
wow...it has been a while...i just saw your christmas card at my families house...so cute :) I can't believe Pete is home!!! Well looks like all is well :)
Yeah who knows what hands have been there before you. Gross.
Also salt and vinegar is my FAVORITE!! :) I love food that makes my breath smell bad. Esp onions and garlic. mmm. I eat them like apples.
just kidding. But I do like them.
Here's what I've concluded:
Americans love BBQ and ranch.
Europeans love salt and vinegar.
I think they're all delicious although Tostitos Lime has to take the prize. I am glad that you've made such friends with the gas station crew. It's a rare few who can accomplish that. Bravo, my dear!
Post a Comment