My friend Jennie took some pictures of Luke for me, but this is the only one I've seen so far. Typical for a second child, I feel like I'm already neglecting recording some of Lukie's milestones....such as walking! Luke has been walking for about a month and a half now. It was weird, he just decided all of the sudden one day that he was ready and bam! He was off. Both my and Lukie's life have become much better with him walking. I've already noticed he is less cautious than Taft was (and sometimes still is). Lukie loves to climb up the playground equipment and would dive off with no hesitation if I let him.
With all this walking going on Lukie has had quite a few "eating it" episodes. The most recent one he tripped and and flew straight into our front door. He got a nice gash in his forehead and you could literally see the goose egg growing before your eyes. He didn't need stitches, but it was still very sad.
Luke seems to always be sick with something. I think he has had a snotty nose since before Christmas. He has had a few ear infections. One of the more recent ones he had to go through 3 rounds of anti-biotics to clear it up. He currently has an ear infection and I'm wondering if he's going to need tubes put in his ears. Let me first say that I love my little Pookie to death, but holy freaking cow, the kid can cry and whine like no other. Taft often tells me, "Lukie is very fussy." I'm wondering if his ears are constantly bugging him or something. He is whiney/grumpy/sad for all but about 2 of his waking hours. Fo'real. Maybe tubes are our answer. Another possible reason for the fussiness: He has been in the state of teething since like 6 months old. He only has 6 teeth. We have a long way to go.
Lukie is a bottomless pit and likes the majority of the foods we give him. He loves, loves, loves books. The first thing he'll do after he wakes up in the morning or from a nap is head straight to the book shelf to grab a book for me to read to him. Sometimes when he's super fussy and I'm about to lose my mind, I'll put him in his crib with some books and he'll immediately stop crying. He'll be content by himself for a good 15 minutes. Maybe he just gets sick of us and needs some alone time?
Lukie isn't into many baby/age appropriate toys but loves to play with Taft's trains and cars. It drives Taft up the wall when Luke messes up his tracks. Understandably so. That being said, Taft adores Lukie. In the morning, after a nap, or if Taft feels like he hasn't seen Luke in a while he'll say in a super high pitched voice: "Hi Bubba! You're so cuuuute!" and will give him a big, squeezy hug. It usually makes Luke whine, but it's still so sweet.
Lukie babbles all the time but hasn't really said any words. Although, I do think he says "Dada" on purpose when he sees Seth. Lukie claps his hands and gets very happy when Seth walks through the door after work. Lukie is learning some of his body parts and can pat his head and point to his nose on demand.
Lukie likes getting his teeth brushed and likes to walk around chewing his toothbrush all day.
Lukie haaaates doctor visits. Hates it. He knows those jerks are just going to give him shots every time.
Lukie likes to wrestle with Seth and Taft.
Lukie is a good sleeper (knock on wood) and sleeps between 12-13 hours at night with a 3 hour nap in the afternoon. The other day he slept from 7:00 p.m. until 10:00 a.m. the next morning!!! It was right before I found out he had another ear infection. Poor little dude.
And my most favorite thing: Lukie is a snuggler. My life is complete.
(Also, for the record, Taft, in his old age, is becoming more of a snuggler too. It's the BEST.)




10 comments:
awww :) can't wait for more pictures. Love the dweater (sweater).
that yuke is such a cutie that picture is so sweet and i love that taft like's yuke and is becoming a snuggler!
Lucky you, Cash won't snuggle with me ever! He's a handsome thing, Heid!
Heidi, tubes are AMAZING! Lily has had them for about 3 months. They seriously changed my life. She still up a bunch at night, but at least now she'll go back to sleep! Plus, life on antibiotics is miserable.
He is so darling. And he looks like a little southern california boy with that blonde hair and beautiful skin. I can't believe he's already 15 months!
I love that Lukie is a snuggler. There isn't much better in life than a one year snuggled up in your arms:)
I also love the update on all things Lukie.
The photo is great...he is such a handsome little boy!
Lukie is so cute. I just love him.
Fun update on such a cute kid. Those pictures are adorable. The outfit, his hair and the beach. all so perfect!
Cute photo and really cute sweater. Glad he's a little snuggler.
I can't wait to come visit you guys!
I HATE ear infections! Tubes made a huge difference with us for Noah. Luke is adorable!
Post a Comment