5.04.2012

St. Geezy with my peeps

The little boysies and I headed to St. George last weekend for a little rendezvous with some of my family members. My mom, dad, and Lanx met us there and we visited my grandma, aunt, and cousins.

The first day we headed to Zions National Park. My dad said he hasn't been to Zions since he was a kid! A KID! I couldn't believe it. But then I realized it was because he was always working when my mom took us to St. George as kids, just like Seth was working while we took this vacation. Poor dads, moms get to have all the fun.  

We really only managed to do one hike due to driving all the way through the park on accident, then getting lunch, taking the shuttle, etc. We were there for over 6 hours, but still only managed one hike. Oh well, it was still fun. 

Lukie pooped out about 3 minutes into the hike. He was so tired but was a good sport all day. I feel bad because I put them to bed so so late each night. And you're welcome for the booger shot.
Lanx and Taft chillaxin in a cave

"Oh hi guys."

Again, poor Taft did not get enough sleep this trip.

Taft was a really great hiker. He made it the whole way in, but need a shoulder ride from Grandpa on the way out. On each of these steps he would grunt like he was working really hard.

After this he slipped and fell in and got his shorts soaking wet.
But Grandpa carried him out anyway. Soaked pants resting on his neck.

I love this boy. 



Notice Taft's face. 




I don't have any other pictures from the rest of the trip but activities included:
-A Birthday Dinner in memory of my Uncle Bob.
-Visits to the rehab facility my grandma is currently in (physical rehab. Surprisingly, many people have asked me to clarify what kind of rehab I'm referring to when I mention where she is.)
-Met my cousins super duper cute baby boy.
-A lil' bit o' shopping
-Sunday brunch at my aunts

And then the fast weekend was over. The boys did quite well on the drive to and fro. I got a dang speeding ticket going through Vegas though. I was so mad because I had been in cruise control the whole time in an appropriate speed, EXCEPT when I reached back to give Luke a binky and accelerated on the gas on accident, RIGHT as I was passing a state trooper.

Thanks Grandpa and Nana for the trip!

11 comments:

Cindy said...

It was so fun to see you and the boys. You are a great mom and it was great to see you for more that a few minutes at some big family event. And ---I'm in love with my great-nephews. Boy do I feel old! I can't believe Taft was sooo mesmerized by The Incredibles. So cute. And Luke is a doll. Jackie Chan misses them too. And who is Nate going to play with? Come back soon and bring Seth!

Herways Go West said...

Brent looks totally happy to have a soaking wet Taft on his back. Gotta love g-pa's and their grandsons.
And I agree whole heartedly: mom's have all the fun while the poor dads have to work. (oh except tantrum times...then I would have changed places gladly)
The boys are cuter every day. How is that even possible?

Jonny and Megan said...

Your boys are adorable heidi. Sorry you got a ticket :(.

La said...

Great pictures. I love St. G's.

Jame said...

Such cute pictures!! You are wonder woman hiking around with that huge pack with a CHILD included in it! Sheesh! That looks exhausting! You look beautiful! Your boys are adorable! And I especially loved the booger shot....think 7th grade choir class and a certain picture I captured!! ;)

Meg said...

Cute pics!

Taylor Bluth said...

aw :) wish i was there!! looked fun :) jeal. so jeal..

Ang said...

Looks like a fun trip! I love Taft asleep on your dad's shoulders. He looks so big, I can't believe it!

Kathleen said...

That was such a fun weekend! It went by entirely too fast. I need to schedule a trip to CA pronto.
Those boys are just the cutest!

Colie said...

What a good grandpa!
Lil' stinkin' state trooper. What an effective use of our law enforcement...

Tyler and Emily said...

I love your shorts! And your glasses!...your kids aren't bad either:)