Last weekend I took a very last minute trip to Texas to meet the newest members of our family...on both mine and Seth's side! Seth's sister Natalie had her third baby, a gorgeous girl, a couple of weeks ago and my brother's wife had her baby just a week ago! I was sad I wouldn't get to see the babies for a while, but once I saw pictures of them I HAD to visit. Like HAAAAAD to.
My parents and sisters had already planned a trip to Texas with the anticipation of my brother's baby for the same weekend. I believe my brother's baby was born on Wednesday, I looked at pictures of the baby all day Thursday, searched for flights, and bam! Friday afternoon I was on a plane (by myself!!) to Texas to visit not, one, but two beautiful new babies. It was the shortest trip, but I am so glad I got to go. It was Seth's first full weekend off in a long, long time so I felt guilty leaving when we could actually be spending time together, but there was something serious going on in me that was insisting that I go see the babies. I told Seth that I either needed to go see the babies or have a baby. His choice. :) Just kidding. Seth was very kind, said I deserved the time away, and sent me on my way. The boys did great while I was gone...so great I think I should've stayed away a few extra days. I was a little nervous about leaving for some reason. It was the first time I left Luke overnight, and the first time I've left both boys at the same time. For the first time in my life I was worried about the plane crashing and Seth becoming a widower and my children motherless. Luckily, the plane functioned properly, I read a book, drank Diet Coke, and ate candy. I realized this is the first time I've flown solo in about 6 years! Seth or the boys have always been with me.
Anyway, I got in late Friday night and stayed with my brother and his wife. I got to hold the baby for like an hour (or even longer?) straight the first night while chatting it up with my siblings. It was heaven. Saturday I held him some more. Sunday morning I drove to about 2 hrs to Austin to see Seth's sister, held her baby for another hour, and then headed back to San Antonio, had an early dinner with the fam, and went back to the airport. The trip was way too short, but totally worth it. I stole all these pictures from Carissa's FB page and didn't take any pictures with my new niece unfortunately. Take my word for it, she's so so beautiful.
 |
| Alexander |
 |
| Alexander and his very cute big sis Jayda |
 |
| Has his mama's eyes and dad's nose and mouth |
 |
| Doesn't it look like I need another baby? |
 |
| Pete and mini-Pete |
9 comments:
I'm so glad that you were able to come even though it was for a short time.
I love all the photos that you posted.
Babies are just the best!
my favorite weekend in a long time - loved hanging out with the family all day everyday and snuggling with cute baby alexander. super happy you came nog --- thanks seth!
Congrats on both of the beautiful babies joining your family! I love the pictures. You definitely deserved a little trip away :) And we must be related or something, because I think the same way you do! I had to go on 3 business trips in March/April and every single time I stressed that the plane would crash and Brady would be widowed and a single parent and Claire would grow up hardly knowing her mother. Ha...Glad everything went well!
I'm SO glad you came to visit us and meet Tori. I hope you got your newborn fix... or did it just make you want one even more? :)
What a lovely little baby boy. I am jealous. I have a serious love of newborns. I go and hold Mr. Henry every day. I am sure Tori is darling. I hope to meet her someday. . .
And duh, you should just have another baby because my little dude needs a BFF cousin. :)
Woohoo!! Love those last-minute-gotta-do-it trips that you'll never forget, and going to see a new niece & nephew in one trip? So glad you & Seth made it happen!
He is the cutest little guy! And you look beautiful!! I'm so happy you were able to go. What a fun weekend for you!
Oh, that little newborn looks great in your arms!....glad you could make the trip and super great of you to make the long drive to Austin in the middle of such a short trip!
LUCKY!!! I'm super jealous!!!
Post a Comment