3.20.2012

Super Taft is 3

Taft turned 3 this past week and we had a great time celebrating. Tates was here for her Spring Break, my mom made a 4 day stop here on her way back from a business trip in El Salvador, and my dad surprised all of us with his arrival Saturday morning! 

Seth and I both agreed that a Superhero birthday party would be pretty awesome for Taft. I had visions of 3-5 year olds running around in Superhero capes, having the time of their lives. I made 14 capes. Fourteen. And I do not really sew. I didn't get to bed before midnight a single night the week before the party. I'm sure someone who is good at sewing could have whipped them out in a night or two. So after swearing a few times and not getting much sleep, I decided it was worth it, but probably won't do it for any future birthday parties (sorry Lukie and other future children). 

We had planned to have the party at a park near our house since our place is quite small, but the forecast was predicting rain. I checked the weather all week hoping for a change. I was starting to stress not knowing where we would have the party, but luckily our library had a perfect room and for hardly any money at all. I was glad we had it because it ended up POURING rain that day. 

I think Taft had a fun time at his party. He got a lot of fun gifts from everyone. I don't think he got a single gift that he hasn't played with since his party. 

Some pics of the partay:















Taft at three years old: 

-loves playing with his friends. In particular, Logan and Chase. 
-loves playing with trains (tank engines), cars, and all his new b-day gifts
-loves wrestling with Dad, playing "PB&J Sandwich" with Dad (a made up game)
-knows his ABCs, shapes, colors, and the letter W
-likes singing songs
-doesn't take naps, but sleeps about 11-12 hours at night. Still sleeps with his monkey and favorite blanket
-loves TV shows of all kinds
-loves being read to
-enjoys trips to Sea World, the zoo, the park, and library
-loves Nursery at church
-likes being a helper by doing the dishes and helping me clean
-can get himself dressed except for shoes and socks
-despises eggs, rice, potatoes, cheese (except for the fake powdered kind in mac&cheese), most meat, oranges and most dinners I make. 
-loves/will eat mac&cheese, many fruits, peas, broccoli, carrots, pb&j, yogurt, cereal, pancakes, plain noodles, Pirate Booty, most crackers, Cafe Rio pork, granola bars, fruit snacks and white (vanilla) frozen yogurt.
-gets sad and angry when he gets in trouble. 
-is a good big brother (the majority of the time)
-is afraid of heights. Deathly afraid of heights. 
-doesn't really like to color or do arts and crafts projects. 
-When he doesn't want to do something or go somewhere he says, "I'm sorry, but I can't _____"
-When he does want to do something he says, "Of course!" or "Alrighty!"
-Loves being outside and running free
-Can spend a good 20-30 minutes in the bath tub. 
-"Has to go pribacy" (Needs privacy)when going potty
-When playing with kids and they do something he doesn't like he puts up his hands and says, "I don't like that guys." 
-Loves to talk and tell stories. 
-Can be super snuggly when he wants to be. (Every other week or so. :) ) 
-Says good prayers. 
-Loves his family


I'm so glad Taft is in our family. He is the funniest, cutiest, silliest, sweetest 3 year old I could ever hope for. 





15 comments:

Taylor Bluth said...

Yay! loved the update :) and may I ask WHO was your photographer? Amazing work. haha jk :) It sure was a fun week.

Colie said...

Dang, Heidi! That looks like a rockin' party. Love the shot of SuperLuker and of Taft in his Captain America outfit running around like a madman. Happy 3 years, Taft!

La said...

Fab party pictures! Happy Birthday from our little super hero to yours!

Lanxie Jo said...

Miss this boy! You are quite the super mom shoog - thanks for blogging :D

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Taft! What a cute kid and what a fun party it looks like you put together :) Miss you guys!

Melanie Herway said...

Love the birthday theme! I'm way impressed you made so many super hero capes. I'm sure they will get used and loved lots.

Lindsey said...

Such a cute party idea!! And looks like your visions of kids running around in cute capes came true! :)

Kathleen said...

GREAT party!!! I'm so glad that I could be there and witness it in person.
Taft had such a great time and so did all of the other kids...grown ups too.
You did an amazing job! Way to go!

One of my favorites is Lukie with cape, mask and binky:)

Meg said...

How fun is that!! Happy Birthday Taft! I can't believe you're already 3!

Herways Go West said...

Ahh, the joys of being the oldest child....you catch your parents while they still have energy! What an awesome party! Save the capes....Luke will love that theme as well, so brilliant!

Ang said...

Cute party! I love that you made capes!

Abbie O. said...

SUPER cute Heidi!! I can't believe you made those capes, I am impressed to say the least. Happy Birthday to the Taft man!! Can't believe he is 3!!

Cindy said...

I agree with all of the above. Especially to keep the capes. Boys love to play super hero, ninja etc. They will have fun with them for a long time.

Malerie said...

Wow! What a darling party! Happy Late Birthday, Taft!

natalie said...

Glad taft had a happy birthday! Superheroes are the cutest thing ever. I think it would be ok if you just repeat that theme for both your boys for the next few years... minus the time consuming party favor of course. :)