3.04.2012

Driggs 2012

The week of Presidents' Day Seth had a week of vacation. During residency you only have a certain number of weeks of vacation (Seth has 4 for the year) but you have to plan them way in advance. It's kind of annoying, but we've known we had this trip coming for several months and we were very excited for it. Last year, during this same week, we spent it with Seth and two of his brothers in Driggs, ID. (Near Jackson Hole, WY) We were lucky enough to get invited again and had another great time. One of Seth's brothers couldn't come which we were sad about, but Seth's parents came this time!

We spent the week riding snowmobiles, snowshoeing, playing cards, and of course eating good food. The highlight of the trip was probably that Taft LIKED riding the snowmobiles. Last year he wouldn't even go near the snow clothes for fear that we would put them on him and make him ride a snowmobile. I was nervous he was going to hate it again and was so, so proud of him for being brave even though the snowmobiles are so loud.

A HUGE thanks to our hosts, Seth's brother, Dan, and his wife Lara. They rock. It's very, very nice of them to let us mooch off their hook ups. It was a lot of fun spending time with their kids too. They have GREAT kids. Their older boy, Zane is almost 8, and was so so so great with Taft. All their kids were great with him, but I was just surprised than an 8 year old would be so nice and not seem annoyed by him.



Pop with 6 of his 11 (soon to be 12) grandkids!

Grammie with the kiddos

Staying entertained on the long drive



Ready to Ride


This picture makes me laugh out loud, you can tell Taft is a cautious boy.

Taft and Brauer. These two got along really well. It was fantastic and kinda made me wish I had twins. 



 The weekend before we left for Driggs we spent with my family in Sandy. We had a great time with them as well...Nana, Grandpa and Lanx took Taft to the Ogden Train Depot, a family dinner out at Joe Mo's, grown ups only night at the movies, and a Sunday feast with my family, Lanx's BF, Seth's sis, Colie, and Seth's parents. It was too short of a weekend (and week), but it's always great to see family. AND I didn't take any pictures in UT. Which reminds me...Lanx send me some pics from the train station. Hopefully one of these days we'll be in UT for longer than a weekend so I can see some friends!! I really miss my Utah friends. Like lots. 

It's always a little bit of a bummer when vacations are over, but I'm not going to lie...it's pretty great coming home to a place like San Diego. Now if just all our family and friends would move here too!!


9 comments:

Lanxie Jo said...

you look super cute in the snow shoeing pic - i love that brauer and taft are friends - i'm okay with you holding off on having kids for a few years so that maybe i could potentially have one kid the same age as yours that'd be cool - oh and the first pick with taft on zane's lap is so cute they have the same look on their face driggs sounds like heaven

Taylor Bluth said...

thanks for updating :) I agree with lanx and the snow shoeing pic. cute :) and that wittle Lukie sure is getting sooo Handome. I love in the picture with Tom you can see a little smile behind his binky. So cute and he is so blonde! Can't wait for spring break!!

La said...

I love that Brauer and Taft were best buddies. I think cousin friends are fun. I also love that we get to spend a week with you guys every year. It's fun.

Kathleen said...

I love the update. I'm so glad that you have a great SIL and BIL that invite you to Driggs each year. What a fun time for all of you.
I LOVE all of the photos and I have to agree with the girls that your snow shoeing photo is especially cute.
Can't wait to see you all again next week!

natalie said...

SOOOO jealous of driggs with the cousins.
So. so. so. so. jealous.

natalie said...

Oh also I have to add that I too was impressed with daphne and zane (this past sept). I love that they like to play with their little cousins and don't think they are too cool for them. I hope that is always the case because my kids really look up to them.

Herways Go West said...

It was a super fun time. Everybody got along. Everybody had fun. Our hosts were amazing. (Blake included!) I'm like you, it went way too fast, but certainly worth the effort to get together. Line me up with the others: I love your snowshoeing picture!

Abbie O. said...

Your Utah friends miss you too!! Can't wait for June!!

Colie said...

Glad I got to see you guys - thanks making the trip out here!