11.17.2011

November 17, 2006

Guess who got married 5 years ago today? We did. It was a really great day. I've said a number of times that I want to re-do the day because I had so much fun, and it's still true. Who doesn't want to get dressed up, eat good food, party your pants off, be with friends and family, and be super over-the-top happy because you just married the bomb dot com?

It's been five years and I still think Seth is the bomb dot com. I really do feel lucky every day that we got married. I just gave a lesson in Young Women about marriage standards. The lesson suggested to talk about writing a list of qualities the girls would like in a future spouse. While I am generally anti-list when it comes to choosing a spouse (because I think people go a little overboard and have crazy-impossible-unacheivable requirements) and told them to make sure their list wasn't a description of a perfect person (because doi, they don't exist), but someone who'd be perfect for them. Someone who could complement them in the areas where they have weaknesses. Seth is absolutely perfect for me. I'm going to pat our marriage on the back and say that I think we balance each other out quite nicely actually. I probably shouldn't admit it, but I really am proud of our marriage. I feel like we really are happy and I feel like that's okay to be proud of.

In the past 5 years we have:

Lived in 3 states
Moved 4 times
Bought 1 condo
Sold 1 car
Had 2 babies
Graduated from college (me)
Graduated from medical school (him)
Traveled to lots of places, both home and abroad


And since this post is already all about us, check out the sappy montage I made. If you want to tug at Seth's heartstrings, all you gotta do is put together some pictures set to music. Gets him every time.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful couple and family :) Happy Anniversary!!

Kathleen said...

WOW!!! That montage was amazing! It made me get all teary. You have an amazing marriage and beautiful family. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Herways Go West said...

The montage to music gets to me too. Well done. Loved to see the progression in pictures. You do have a great marriage and it's beautiful to watch unfold.
Congrats!!! (Pat on the back!!)

La said...

Happy Anniversary. I love you guys.

Taylor Bluth said...

ummm pulled at my heartstrings for sure.. not sure why. haha. I wanna know that version of the song. Text me por favor. Happy anniversary!

Taylor Bluth said...

nvm :) figured it out!

Amy said...

Soooo happy for you! Not at al jealous. Well maybe 95% happy, 5% jealous. :)

Cindy said...

Happy anniversary! You have a great marriage and family. Great job on the montage. Made me a little weepy too. Looking forward to seeing you.

natalie said...

congrats on 5 years!

Staci Davies said...

Loved the video. You're such a cute family. I actually cried when I saw the tears in your eyes and on your face when your boys were born. That moment is unexplaneable, like nothing else.

ps. You say you've traveled? The whole world, it seems

Happy Anniversary

Taylor Bluth said...

^like.

Colie said...

If that doesn't pull at your heartstrings then I don't know what does - happy anniversary you two!

Jen and Jared said...

Cute post. Hope you guys had a great anniversary!

Jame said...

Oh my goodness!! You guys are the cutest little family. This was so great to watch!! Great looking couple, cute kids! And you are gorgeous, always!

Lindsey said...

Happy Five Years!! And I agree that it's a good thing to be proud of :)