So the majority of the performers look like they're from the late 19th, early 20th century, have been traveling the country on the railroad, are homeless, haven't showered in years, and probably don't own a toothbrush but they sure are talented.
I am so curious about this group of boys...where do they live? Who are their parents? How did they all meet? Do they all live in forest together? They remind me of Peter Pan's Lost Boys but grown up a little. Notice the guy in the back blowing into the jug. I think it's nice they made up an instrument for him.
These guys were my favorite. Seth thinks the girl playing the bucket and string looks like Robin Hood. Her biceps were insane!
Now this one....just watch. I love it.
6.01.2011
Folklife Performers
Posted by Heidi at 8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
There are so many things about that last video that are amazing: obviously homeboy with the sweet moves steals the show, but what about grandpa in the blue sweat suit and grey wifebeater (that word looks bad when you write it out!), creepy guy that just walks around, and the drummer (or whatever she is playing) that loves the hair flip more than anything. Love it.
I think the washboard instrument is very clever. And coming up with all those unique 'instruments' takes some thought and practice to get them to sound good....wild!
I'll have to put that Festival on my 'must attend' list! Glad you could go twice!
People watching is so much fun! It's awesome that there are so many people that are free of inhibitions. They make for great entertainers.
I am glad that you had a great time reliving your Memorial day weekend of five years ago.
Oh that was classic!
That is just awesome. No other word to describe it.
Post a Comment