6.07.2011

Five Months for Luke and an Update on Taft


Stats (as of yesterday)
Weight 15 lbs.  (50%)
Height 26.5" (75%)
Head 17.5 (75%)

Lukie Pookie Lukulele is five months already! He's moved up another size in clothes and is showing no signs of slowing down. He is such a smiley boy and so far has been a very easy baby. He still hasn't decided to sleep through the night without eating, but I'm hoping once he starts solids he'll be able to make the transition. He's become quite a squirmer and gets pretty far by scooting along his head, back, and bum. He always manages to get himself wedged into the corner of his crib every night. He has finally rolled onto his stomach from his back. He likes to put everything in his mouth and definitely seems like he's ready for some real food. He's as sweet as sweet can be and smells so yummy. No teeth yet but still a big drooler. Loves, loves, loves bathtime, thinks Taft is funny, and is great at going with the flow. He usually takes two good naps during the day with one cat nap sometime else during the day. 




I had to take a minute to jot down some things that we think are funny about Taft right now. 

1. When he's frustrated and trying to express something I remind him to "Use words" and sometimes he'll just say "words" instead of what he actually wants. 
2. He now loves Toy Story and will hop on the back of the stroller while I'm pushing Luke and say "Buzz Ah-errr!" (Buzz Lightyear)
3. His prayers are the best. He usual recounts the days activities: "Dank you play Lukie. Dank you Barney. Dank you play outside. Dank you birpday cake." 
4. Whenever he gets hurt he asks me to "kiss it betterrrr" and if you get hurt he'll ask you if you want him to "kiss it betterrrr". 
5. He still talks to Luke in a super high, sweet voice. 
6. Sometimes Seth will pretend Taft is a baby and Taft will become totally still, won't say a word, and acts what I guess he thinks a baby acts like-still and quiet.
7. He met his newest cousin Jayda (7 years old) when my brother got married last month and he talks about her on a very regular basis saying: "Jayda funny" which is code for he likes someone. 
8. Taft watched Finding Nemo somewhat recently and has become obsessed with finding him. Seth took Taft on a run the other day and Taft was stretching out his arm out of the stroller yelling, "Nehmo! Nehmo!" He asks me on a regular basis where "Nehmo" is.
9. He has a great imagination and can entertain himself very easily. One of his favorite things to do is pretend talk to people on the phone. His regulars as of late have been Nana, Annie (my parents neighbor), Jayda, Carissa (my brothers wife).

You kind of have to be there with all of these, but I didn't want to forget them.



10 comments:

Kathleen said...

LOVE the photo of LUKIE! He looks so big and so happy!

I also love that you documented all of the cute things Taft says. I know you think it was a sacrifice for us to watch him for the weekend recently, but it was actually great entertainment for us! I loved watching him run through the mall calling for "Nehmo"...and his prayers melted my heart!

La said...

Those are two beautiful boys! I love the brother picture.

Herways Go West said...

I actually NEED you to write all the cute stuff. I read the antics over and over and picture it all in my mind. Every picture of Luke, he seems to change...I'm sooooo glad he still smells good! Don't let him lose it entirely!

natalie said...

What cuties! I can't wait to see you guys in Sept!

Ang said...

They are so cute! And, seriously, that top picture of Luke looks just like Seth!

Unknown said...

I love the brothers together :) I can't believe how big they are both getting!!!

Meg said...

Luke looks SO old! He is so adorable. Cash wants to know when he can come over and play?

Colie said...

Maybe Nemo is like Santa Claus - it's the believing in his reality that makes it fun. I also love that Taft's voice for Luke - so funny!

Unknown said...

Seriously like perfect looking little boys.

Reimstar said...

Well I was LOL on all of those cute stats about Taft even though I wasn't there. Such cute boys!