Our actual Fourth was a bit of a bummer, but overall we had a great Fourth of July weekend. Friday night we were invited to a BBQ and enjoyed all the standard Fourth of July fixins...hamburgers, hot dogs, watermelon, and corn on the cob. Sunday evening we had plans to go to a nearby park for a big fireworks show (put on by the Larry H. Miller company actually). Instead, my morning or evening sickness hit full force around 4:00 p.m. and I was in bed for the night at 5:00. Seth and Taft went to the park by themselves. I was really sad that I missed it. I could hear the fireworks though and they sounded spectacular.
An attempt at a shot of our patriotic Sunday outfits. Not happening.
Monday was a much much better day. Seth had the day off so we went to Coeur d'Alene to ride bikes and have lunch. We got off to a great, early start and had slightly chilly, but beautiful weather. We rode our bikes along Centennial Trail while Taft rode in the brand new bike trailer that was an early birthday present to Seth from my parents. Taft LOVED it. After our ride we got really yummy sandwiches (like so yummy I thought about the sandwich the rest of the day) and had a picnic at the "beach". That's what people call the sand area at Lake Coeur d'Alene.
Last week Seth got off early to we took a little drive to Mount Spokane. It had a pretty incredible view from the top. We didn't stay long because it was way too cold.





12 comments:
I'm sorry you've been sick, but very happy that you are pregnant! Taft is looking so grown up and handsome! I hope you are adjusting to the move okay. I never saw you when you were here, but I miss you knowing I can't see you! Love ya.
Great photos. I love the attempt at a photo in your patriotic outfits:)
Coeur d'Alene looks beautiful! I'm glad that Taft loved the bike trailer. The photo of him in it is priceless. It looks like Seth and Taft are in for some great adventures while you are sick and moaning on the couch:(
I'm so sorry about your morning sickness. Hang in there. I feel for you though. There's nothing worse than feeling crappy when you just want to be up and enjoying life. But anytime you feel nasty you can look at Taft and know that you are about to grace the world with another adorable little one. If you didn't make this sacrifice you would be depriving the world. Get a little dramatic with it. It might make you feel better. Sometime when I'm up visiting my folks we'll have to meet you guys in Coeur d'Alene it's in the middle.
I love that picture of Taft in the bike carrier, he looks so happy! I'm so sorry you've been sick! I hope it eases up for you sooner than 20 weeks this time. Hang in there, as you know it's all worth it!
I'm loving seeing all of Spokane. And I feel for you with the exhaustion! I'm glad that it is better than your last.
Well, I think you should enter the photo of Taft in front of the mural in some kind of contest. It's super!
The bike trailer for Taft is a dream for both kid and parent. Much better than the back-pack!!! Now he just needs Brauer in there for companionship (or Tommy!)
Glad you are getting out and about, we will really enjoy seeing it with you over Labor Day....
Sorry you are sick, but I'm still glad. (you know what I mean)
Oh, I wish there was somewhere we could go to be cold....we are dying here with a heat wave and no A/C...ugh
I love the way you spend Seth's days off :) and so sorry you are sick but so glad that Seth is taking such very good care of you :)
I would LOVE for you to do Wasatch Back with us next year. Jade is going to do it too. I'm sure we'll have a bunch of spots open because some of the girls are probably going to be prego. Taft is quite the character. I can't wait for your baby #2. That's so exciting.
How about Round 2 on the Mosel with the bike trailer? :) Spokane looks g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!
Sorry you are so sick! At least Seth can come home to help you when you are at your worst.
It looks so pretty and green there. I wanna come!
Dang lady, sorry about the pukes:( Ask Seth if he thinks I could fit in the bike trailer because I would love a lift as long as I had a smile like his:) Can't wait for you to visit and tell your friend who commented about Wasatch Back that I am down if there are other spots!
Post a Comment