I know a lot of my posts have been negative lately, but I just gotta.
Did I have to start work at 4:30 this morning? Yes.
Have I had to entertain a 7 year old client all day long? Yes.
Did I try to bribe him to be good with all kinds of food, treats, and drinks? Yes.
Was he with me all day because his foster parents were not able to be reached? Yes.
Did I cry when I took this kid to a surgery because when he woke up crying from the anesthesia I wished he had his mom to rub his back and not me? Yes.
Did the nurse look at me like I was crazy? Yes.
Did I care? No.
Did the kid I had to entertain watch 3 movies on my laptop while I tried to work? Yes.
Is he driving me crazy at this point? Which is 13 hours later? Yes.
Is he cute? Yes.
But could any level of cuteness prevent craziness at this point? No.
Has this kid actually done an amazing job considering he's been stuck in my office all day long? Yes.
Did I have to run out of my office suddenly because pregnancy called and made me throw up every item I ingested today? Yes.
Do I feel like crying because I am so tired? Yes.
Have a listed enough things to complain about? Yes.
Was this enjoyable to read? No.
Am I sorry for doing yes another negative post? Yes. Sorry.
Are the foster parents ever going to come get him? Yes. in 10 minutes. Hallelujah!!!!
8.28.2008
Seriously.
Posted by Heidi at 4:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
oh you poor thing...nausea is fun enough to have without extra things!! The poor little boy...he was lucky to have you there...I am sure you made him feel loved and special ;)
This was so funny to read. I am SO sorry that you are sick. I had many of those very same calls from pregnancy earlier in the year...it will get better. And then soon enough, if you're like me, you'll just feel like a cow about ready to burst.
That was fun to read. And sad. That poor little boy. I am sorry that you had to be his stand in mom for the day but I am glad that he had you.
Oh wow! I saw a video in one of my classes once about someone like you that had to watch a child because his foster parents weren't available to come and get him, but I never actually thought about you being the lucky one to watch one of these kiddos. Lucky you! Sorry you are having a bummer day..this too shall pass:0)
And how much do they pay you???
Clearly not enough. You are a great story teller, even if it is a sad story.
Post a Comment