8.20.2008

Nostalgic

Is it weird that last night at the grocery store that I got nostalgic for elementary school as I walked down the school supplies isle? I was shopping for cleaning supplies that we have been seriously out of and our place is seriously dirty, and I wished I was buying a brand new 64 crayon Crayola box and picking out notebooks and mechanical pencils. The beginning of a new school year was always so exciting and so fun. I still remember getting so excited to wear my brand new, just pulled out of the box, Dr. Marten shoes and thinking I was looking so fly.

I guess getting new pens and post-its from the supply closet is kinda like getting new school supplies. But not really.

10 comments:

Ang said...

Oh, I loved getting my new Doc Martin's too! We actually didn't stay on Coronado this time but have a few times before and it is so fun!

Nanette said...

Doc Martins and Lucky Jeans.

KP & Amy said...

I'm so happy for the two of you; that is so exciting! I can't wait until I don't have to buy anymore school supplies for myself but I might just have to purchase some new school clothes to give me a little bit of motivation for the up coming school year.

Reimstar said...

Ohh my gosh! I have been saying the same thing for the past week too! I love new school supplies!!!

natalie said...

I am the same way. It makes me want to send bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils.
Okay I stole that from you got mail, but it's true.

Herways Go West said...

So only 196 days left of your pregnancy? Not long! Amazing that he/she is already so developed. Legs, arms, head and heartbeat already. Exciting. Did you in fact get to hear the heartbeat?

La said...

I love Fall and new school supplies.

Meg said...

I have to admit, when I went to walmart to buy my students crayons, markers, pencils, etc. I was getting pretty excited about it so I totally understand. Bytheway, I remember you wearing your first pair of Dr. Martens and wanted a pair of my own because honestly, I always wanted to be like YOU!!

Melanie Herway said...

Just wait about 5 more years. Then the fun will begin again. Of course, I almost cry every time I think of sending Rachel off to school.

lanxie said...

i am so proud of you! you know how i am with school supplies haha but i'm just catching up on your blogs and you are pretty funny heid, even though a lot of it is because of your pain it makes me laugh! love you!