Seth started 3rd year, which means he is now in the hospital doing rotations. Monday was his first day and ended up having to stay through the night until 2 pm the next day. Seriously. His first rotations in Pediatrics at Primary Children's. The first three weeks he'll be working in Inpatient. This means every fourth night he will be on-call and will have to stay at the hospital. Monday night as I was bored home by myself and scared going to bed by myself I thought, "This year is NOT going to be fun." It's the fourth night since Monday so I'm in bed right now, again by myself, trying to think of things to make me so tired that I won't even care that I'm home alone. I think next I'm going to watch Friends until I fall asleep. I feel super bad that Seth is going to be up all night and still through tomorrow. Good news is he will have Sunday off so he'll have a day and half to recupe. Wait, that isn't really good news. Only a day and half of a break? Seth's had a super good attitude about not getting sleep, which is a little surprising because he's a total stickler about getting 8 hours of sleep a night. When I came home from work on Tuesday Seth had just woken (is that a word?) up from a nap. He was still in his scrubs and I couldn't resist but take a picture, he totally looks like a doctor, don't ya think?
7.11.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
One hurdle over and a zillion to go...(the hurdle over is the big exam!) All night every 4th night. What are they thinking? No wonder our Doctors are tired! And yes, this will be as long of a haul for you as it is for him.
He totally looks the part. I'm very proud of that kid!
By the way, is that new wood flooring I see under Seth's bare feet?
Oh, not fun! I'm sure it will be way worth it though!
Congrats on making it through the first week with flying colors. I must say I was very impressed hearing all about Seth's first week at dinner last night. It's amazing how much he has learned and how much he knows already! He will make a fantastic doctor. And kudos to you for being such a great supportive wife.
Love the scrubs! He looks so official. He will do great, but I know it will be hard on both of you. That's a tough schedule. I hate going to bed alone too. If you ever need some company feel free to give us a call. In a few weeks we should have a baby to keep you entertained :)
Wow. He really does look like a doctor. It is so weird to see my brother in scrubs. But also exciting. Sounds like a lot of work and not much rest.
Oh Heidi, I wished we lived in the same state, we could have a sleep over. I've spent the last 3 nights in bed alone and unable to sleep well. It stinks. I've got 10 more nights to go on this round. I hope it gets easier for you. We have a few couple over in Charlotte doing the same thing. Rough! Hang in there.
And by the way I'm obsessed with ANTM too! I can't get enought of it! Just another wonderful similarity! Please tell me you practice your fierce face in the mirror too! The height issue is the only thing that is holding us back!
Post a Comment