
This past week we had our Placement Interviews at work. When we were all hired (we meaning my training group) we were hired as caseworkers, but none of us knew where we would finally end up, like in which office. There are about 5 offices in the SL Valley. There aren't always vacancies when Placement Interviews come around. For instance, this time there were only three openings and there are seven people in our training group. Well, Thursday we all interviewed and I was offered one of the open positions. For the people who weren't offered positions will continue doing secondary work, which basically means they just won't be in charge of any of their own cases until another position opens up. They still get paid and everything. I was kind of hoping for the secondary work because then it'd be like extra training! Sometimes I can't believe these people are trusting ME to do this job! Anyway, I got to pick out my office and everything on Thursday. I have my own office with a door and everything! I will also be doing Permanency work. Permanency workers work with the families after the allegations of abuse or neglect have already been finished, or if a child's been removed. I work with the families and offer them any services they might need like drug treatment, or parenting classes, foster care, etc. I go to a lot of court hearings. I'm really excited to be working here! We still have five weeks left of training but it's been so fun! Oh, and this was my first day of work outfit. :)
10.28.2007
Working Woman
Posted by Heidi at 1:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Cute outfit. I loved your text from the first day. It made me LOL. I am glad you are liking your job. They are right to trust you, you are going to be the best permanent case worker ever!
I am so impressed!! How neat that you will have such an impact on people's lives. I can't think of a better woman for the job.
Congrats on the new position! You will do a fantastic job. It's so great that you're moving up in the world :o) Good luck with everything!
So glad to get more details! I can't wait to pop in a see the office with 'a door and everything'! Now think back to the stress you put yourself in last summer...and you had this in the near future all along! You'll be great.
Congrats on becoming a caseworker and getting your own office! Both very important steps up the ladder. Nice.
congratulations!! you definitely look the part and I am sure you will do great!
This is my very first memory of you! I totally crushed on your hair! haha! I dotn miss DCFS, but I miss all the peeps, ecspecially our team, minus Ben! What a weirdo!
Post a Comment