5.08.2016

Rehoboth 2015

June of 2015 we met up with the Herway clan in Rehoboth Beach, DE. We flew into to D.C. and spent a day there before meeting the rest of the crew at the beach. We also spent a day at the end of our trip visiting Seth's childhood home and neighborhood.


Waiting for Hotel Shuttle at 2 a.m.




Even though this is out of focus, I love this of all these boys.

They cleared the area around the White House right before these helicopters flew in. We think it must have been someone super important- maybe even the President!



Seth had to take his Oral Boards during this trip. He had me help him study but not only did I have NO idea what any of this meant, I also can barely read his handwriting! Good news- he passed his Oral Boards!



Fun in the Sun with lots of cousins

Breakfast of Champions!

Obligatory Panda Pic. White House- check!



Lots of time spent at Funland in Rehoboth!

Gravitron! I laughed so hard this first time I rode this. So funny and weird. And sickening. I think I rode it somewhere between 4-6 times during the week...

Pop's brother Mike and his family were also in Rehoboth for part of the week. We met up for pizza one night- we were quite the scene.

Baby's first root beer (snuck a sip without brother knowing)


I took a little drive to Wilmington, DE where my mom was raised. This was the house she grew up in. The funny thing is it looks so similar to the house I grew up in! 


Jonah and I drove to the cemetery where my mom's parents and brother are buried. Jonah's middle name is Shaw, after my mom's maiden name. 

Natalie did family photo shoots for everyone. 

Cute cuzzies, Kate and Tori



Look at all those grandkids! 


Outtake from family pictures- they are NOT easy!



I love how graceful she looks! Just like she's floating down!










We took a Ladies' morning bike ride to Lewes, DE.  It was such a charming little town!

Luke is sandwiched under Seth






A family favorite restaurant near Seth's childhood home in Annandale, VA

4945 Sabra Lane! Seth's childhood home before moving to Brussels

We explored the creek behind his neighborhood. He remembered it feeling so much bigger as a kid. We have a similar area for exploring near our house and I'm sure it feels huge to the boys. 

2 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Okay, that does it. I want to do this every year. Love the recap of our adventurous summer. Love every single picture. Yep. Gotta make this a tradition.

Herways Go West said...

Oh, but no need to repeat those Oral boards. Gosh, what a horrible thing to do to a person, but we all knew Seth would ace it. It's true, nobody can read his writing but himself. He was made to be a Doctor!