4.24.2016

Israel

 We had such a wonderful trip to Israel in the spring of 2016. We were lucky enough to go with Grammie and Pop. I imagine this was probably the only chance I'll have to go to Israel, but I hope it won't be the only chance for our boys. I think Taft will keep some vague memories of this trip, but Luke and Jonah were too young to really remember. Regardless, I am so glad we were able to come to this incredible place.

Outside of the Garden of Gethsemane. We all agreed we liked it over here better because we imagine this is more accurate of what it looked like when Christ was here. 

Sea of Galilee. To the left of Seth and the boys is a church, built where  they thought the miracle of the fishes and loaves happened. 

What would we ever do without Grammie?! She found us a great place to stay,  she and Pop were fabulous tour guides, and they helped with Jonah SO much. 

Jordan River. The boys and I loved this the most. 

Dome of the Rock. Luke keeping it real- this was definitely not a kid-friendly trip, but these boys really were troopers.

Pop, boys, and Seth putting their prayer in the Wailing Wall. They are in swimsuits because we were on our way to walk through Hezekiah's tunnel.

We got to Israel Friday night, so we got to go to church on Saturday at the Jerusalem Center. We also saw the Garden of Gethsemane this day. For memory sake, Luke did "cheers" with his sacrament cup to Seth's sacrament cup. It was pretty hilarious.

Garden Tomb. Very, very cool. A favorite for sure.

Golgotha


Capernaum


A super duper trooper, all things considered

Great shot by Grammie- Jonah and I outside the city walls.

I was so captivated by all the orthodox Jews. 

The boys with their good buddy, Pop.

Hezekiah's Tunnel- I think the only person who liked this was Luke. 

Masada- it was super hot, but this was fascinating!

The last couple of days were spent in Eilat, Israel near the Red Sea. Everyone but Luke and Jonah snorkeled. It was really cool- even though I hyperventilated (as usual) and screamed under water. The water turned the boys suits red in some spots so I told them that's why it's called the Red Sea. I'm assuming there must be a mineral in the water that gave it the name. 

2 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Good job Heidi. Not easy to keep up with the documentation of life and the adventures. It was an awesome trip and fun to be together. (next is Egypt, right?) And bravo again for being brave enough to snorkel in the Red Sea. Worth it, right?

natalie said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time! Looks like you had good weather for the most part. Noel wants to go back so bad. Last time I snorkeled I was freaking out. I used to love it. What happened to me??