1.23.2014

A Winter Trip to Utah

The boys and I headed to Utah the day after Christmas. I had decided before going out there that I wanted to have a family-only visit this time. I love getting together with friends and catching up, but I always feel like I'm trying to fit too much in when we visit. It was nice to just relax with my family for a week. Plus, everyone basically had the whole week off from work which NEVER happens when we visit! 

Highlights of the trip: 
Eating at all the bad-for-you places I love
A quality afternoon with the Herways, Herways, and Stouts
Sledding at Sugarhouse Park 
Tubing at Soldier Hollow
A Bluth family party and my parents house with extended family
Wedding dress shopping with Tates


Grandpa and the boys building a snow fort turned sharks mouth. 

Goodnight hugs with Nana and Grandpa


My mom and dad remodeled their kitchen/family room and added on. They added this darling breakfast nook. 

Trip to Scheels.

Looking the part in his camo coat. 

We saw "Saving Mr. Banks" and I fed my pregnancy cravings. For the record, I have always thought Red Vines were gross until like 3 months ago. Now, I LOVE them.

So inappropriate but he was so excited to show everyone his new CTR ring he got in Primary at the parents' ward. He just chose the wrong finger. 

Target practice with Grandpa. My brother sent my dad and the boys Nerf guns for Christmas. They were a major hit. I think Grandpa liked them the best.



Sledding

Sledding at Sugarhouse Park

Train ride at the mall.

Tubing at Solider Hollow. I loved this!! This is a must do next time we're here in the winter again.
Everyone knows these boys can be pretty cautious at times. I was shocked that they BOTH insisted on going down the sledding hills by themselves. They go pretty fast!




5 comments:

Herways Go West said...

The sledding is awesome...they really do go fast! I just took Brauer and Levi to the mall today and we did the train too. I know what you mean about trying to fit too much into the vacation in Utah. Way too many people to see and too much to do!

Melanie Herway said...

Fabulous updates! I thoroughly enjoyed it all!

natalie said...

What a great trip. I like that your brother got a nerf gun for your dad too. Cute.

Melanee said...

Just got caught up and wanted to say you have such a beautiful family. Your boys are so handsome and you look amazing. I hope you guys are well. I've heard a lot of good things about tubing at Solider Hollow, but we've never gone. Guess we should try it out.

Colie said...

Love the shot of your dad and Taft firing away!