Now that Instagram has taken over my documentation, blogging never happens! Instagram is like a mini blog every day and it's so much easier. Regardless, I think I should document things here too because I still want to print this blog into one of those blog books.
Anyway, here's what we've been up to, according to my phone.
1. Disneyland with Friends. My good friend and former roommate from my Provo days, is living in San Diego for several months. She has two boys super close to Taft and Luke's ages. We've had lots of fun meeting up with them.
 |
| I only bring our single because neither of them hardly want to sit in it. In this case, they were both exhausted. |
 |
| Future BYU roommates |
2. Outings around town:
Even though I've said it a million times, I just love, love, love that we can easily walk anywhere in our little town. We're just a couple blocks from the park which makes it easy to just go there for a few minutes in the evening when the boys still need to burn some energy.
 |
| "I fyyyyyin!!" |
 |
| Sometimes we walk to the candy store for a special treat. It's super overpriced so I usually just let the boys pick a few pieces. This time I was craving chocolate covered cinnamon bears so we headed out one evening when Seth was at work. |
 |
| Sometimes when Seth works nights I go on a walk to get the boys to sleep. In my mind it's easier than the bedtime routine, but in reality I do most of the routine before we leave for a walk (jammies and teeth). It's always such a beautiful time of night and it's nice to go for a quiet walk. |
 |
| The boys love the library almost more than anywere else we go. They love to find the little nooks to look at books in, play with puppets and puzzles, watch the train go round, and choose from hundreds of children's movies. |
3. We bought too many annual passes. We have passes to: the zoo, Sea World, Disneyland, the children's museum, and Legoland. Sheesh. We figured it was the best year to do it all because Luke is still free. Surprisingly, we are still able to fit in trips to these places on a fairly regular basis.
 |
| The New Children's Museum. This museum is really cool. Their focus is on how we can reuse common household garbage. All the art exhibits are made of trash and other recyclable items. It amazing to see the creativity. |
 |
| Legoland is not my favorite, but their waterpark is super fun especially for Taft and Luke's ages. |
 |
| Seth talked Taft into this ride. All those people of the bridge are about to get completely soaked! |
 |
| We went out for burgers and fries after Legoland's waterpark. I'm sorry, but I love In and Out. |
 |
| Dinner date with my little boys while Dad was at work. (He's had about 4 weeks of night float recently) |
4. Palm Springs. My mom was kind enough to come down to watch our boys for the weekend while we had a wonderfully relaxing and lazy mini-vacation to Palm Springs. We slept in until 11:00 this first morning. ELEVEN!!! I couldn't get over it, I didn't think we'd be able to sleep past 8:30!
 |
| Add caption |
5. End of School! Taft had a great first experience with school. His teachers were Mrs. Kelley and Mrs. Cuthbert. It was easy on the academics and heavy on the play, but I figured that was okay, I mostly wanted him to have a good first experience with school. I think we accomplished that, despite what the pictures might portray.
6 comments:
Thanks Nog I'm sure happy you got around to blogging :)
Cute! You guys look busy! But I must say, if you are going to be a true In N Out lover, you have to replace the "and" with the "N". Jk. ;)
thanks for keeping up the blog for all of us who are not yet on instagram! however, i must say i like getting caught up in real life....so fun to see you everyday!
I too am glad you are blogging again. I need to get on instagram too. I'm always behind the tech curve. I love your posts.
Chocolate covered cinnamon bears?! Sounds amazing!
Yay for sleeping in & cute boys at the library. I love how much they love to read.
Post a Comment