6.25.2013

Herway Togetherness 2013

At the end of May we loaded up and headed out for 10 days of Herway togetherness. We drove half-way the first night and stayed in Phoenix with friends from Seth's intern year. While there, the boys got on their trampoline and we realized it was probably the first time they'd jumped on a tramp (parenting fail). I guess that's what happens when you live in a place where nobody has a backyard bigger than a patio.  

Next stop was in Farmington, NM. Seth's grandma turned 90 and her children organized a party and reunion for her. All of Seth's siblings and nearly all of his cousins (and their kids) were able to make the reunion. There were a LOT of people. It was so much fun to celebrate such an amazing woman. We spent the weekend visiting with family and hearing stories of Grandma Packer's life. Seth's brother-in-law made a wonderful video about her that had both Seth and me very choked up. (surprise, surprise)

Once the big reunion wrapped up, we (Seth's immediate family) headed to Durango, CO for Colie and Jed's wedding. The wedding was beautiful and super fun. Durango is GORGEOUS and I want to move there. As usual, Taft had the time of his life with his cousins. Every time we leave these things, I feel guilty that we don't live near family. Cousins make the best friends ever. I know Seth had the time of his life getting in bike rides most mornings with his brothers. I had a great time too, even though I think weddings give me anxiety, regardless of how much or little I am involved in and I have no idea why. I am terrified for wedding planning if I ever have a daughter. 



Post-Farmington, Pre-Durango. Mesa Verde-I love this place. 

Pueblo cliff dwellings.


Pretty sure this one ended with a belly flop.

Sorry we're all half naked.
Just all the Herways, basically taking a bath together. 

The morning before the wedding we had a girls morning. Yoga taught by Grammie followed by brunch at a French bakery. 

The boys on their mountain bike ride. (Remember how they were gone for like, EVER? I'm glad they made it out alive.)  



Daphne, Zane, and Grammie

Grandkids with Grammie and Pop. (missing Scarlet, Levi, Brauer, and Tori)

The buddies attempting a jumping shot. Good job Tommy :)


Taft, the cutest and most serious ring bearer there ever was. I also have to share how excited his cousin, Brauer, was for him. He was pumped for Taft. At the end of the ceremony Brauer came up to Taft with a huge smile and said, "Good job Taft!" It was the sweetest.

The AMAZING backdrop.

We tried. 

I wish we had pictures of the actual bride and groom....The photographers got amazing shots, so...just take my word for it that they looked stunning.


Four Corners on our way out of town. Woop woop!



We stayed a night with Seth's parents in Sedona, AZ at the end of the week. Sedona is incredible. Most gorgeous desert scenery I've ever seen. 

9 comments:

The Duckworth Family said...

So fun to see all these pictures after hearing about all the trips! You have such a darling little family!

Herways Go West said...

Seeing Luke doing his 'down-dog' at the 4 corners: maybe we should have included him in the yoga class! This is a fun post. Cracks me up that you said we were basically all taking a bath together at the hot springs....funny b/c it was true! Great trip, great post. Loved it. Thanks.

Herways Go West said...

Oh and Taft doing 'up-dog'.....get them both in yoga!

La said...

#durangowasworthit

Lanxie Jo said...

wish i tagged along for this herway adventure. you have a cute family and you are really pretty.

Melanie Herway said...

Great post! So glad you did 4 corners, I've always wanted to do that. I need to add Sedona to my to do list now too! Such a great trip and I wish it could have lasted longer :)

Kathleen said...

LOVE all of the photos. I'm glad you had such a great time. I hope our family reunion in August is this much fun:)

Taylor Bluth said...

I laughed out loud at a few of those captions (in church) haha. Loved this post :)

Colie said...

Haha love the common bath pic - so true!