10.21.2012

This Little Lukie...

The day he put loads and loads of vaseline in his hair while I was in the shower.  FYI Vaseline is incredibly difficult to get out of hair.

This little Lukie is definitely becoming more of a little boy and less of a baby. He loves "choo-choos" and "cucks" and any other train, plane, or automobile. He is starting to speak more, but he has his own language that only true linguists can figure out:

Shoes-"she-she"
Thank you-"dee do"
Snack- "ack"
Taft- "Taaaa"
Mom- "Mama"
Dad- "Mama"
Nana- "Nuhnuh"
No- "Nuhnuhnuhnuhnuhno" (while shaking head)
Ball- "Doll"
Kung Fu-"Fu" (Taft is obsessed with "practicing" Kung Fu with Seth (read: being thrown all over the bed)
Water- "wah-wah"
Cookie- "cookie" (go figure)
I want- "Eh" Example: "EH wah wah, EH wah wah, EH wah wah" and yes, he'll say it multiple times in a row to make sure he gets his point across.
Out (as in out of high chair): "Owie"
Outside: "ide"
Again: "ginn"
Where did he/it go? "Wheredego?" With a shoulder shrug
Pee Pee: "Tee-tee"

One of my favorite things about Lukie right now is a little skip/hop/limp thing he does when he's excited about something. He'll do it while we wait for Taft to get out of school, or when he is excited about a toy, or just about any time he's pumped about something. I also love that Lukie is such a goof. He's gets in moods where he just acts so goofy and I don't even understand what he's doing to trying to be. Seth's favorite is that Lukie wrestles now. Lukie is still a snuggy bug when he's going down to sleep and again when he wakes up.

Lukie had been showing a lot of interest in using the potty. I did the three day program like I did with Taft. It was pretty promising up until the afternoon of the last day when it all fell apart. I gave up and we'll try again in another month or so.

Lukie likes to have some time to relax before he falls asleep. He sings "Twinkle Twinkle" and "ABCs" to himself in his crib until he falls asleep. He doesn't say the words clearly but he has the tune down. And yes even though they are the same tune, he does know the difference between the two songs.

Lukie says hi to everyone we pass along the street.

Lukie misses Taft so much during school time. He gets so pumped to go and get him when it's over. "Ta coo! Ta coo!" (Taft's school) But then tries to annoy Taft the whole stroller ride home. That's what brother's are for right?

Here are a couple of videos Seth took the other night when I was gone. They're kind of long but I love them.








7 comments:

Herways Go West said...

I can't decide if your 'puppy' or Taft laughing at Luke was more funny....you have some crazy boys. Lots of fun and too cute for words. Thanks for the update on Luke. Yeah, why is 'cookie' so clear. Guess he knows that takes top priority and he wants no mistakes about it. How many times did you have to lather up to get out the vaseline?

Taylor Bluth said...

Haha love it all. "Cheeeee, cheeeee" one minute later, still filming "Cheeee".

Kathleen said...

All I can say is "I LOVE "this little Lukie!"
These are days not to be forgotten and I am so glad that you have taken the time to record all of his fun antics!
LOVE the videos too!
YEAH for blog updates!

Colie said...

haha love Lukie's fake snoring. They look so cute all snuggled in bed!

natalie said...

Adorable! What a fun age too. Love the way they both talk.

Melanee said...

So very cute. What a sweet little boy. Um. . . tell me more about your 3 day program? Please. Cormac just turned 3 and I really need to get on the potty training thing, but it overwhelms me. Did it work well with Taft? I'd love to hear more about it:)

Jen and Jared said...

I can't believe Luke is almost 2!! He's such a cute little guy! Hey, how'd you get the vaseline out of his hair? I haven't had that happen yet, but it very well could, and I want to be educated. :)