I've just been terrible at keeping up with the blog. Part of the problem is Instagram has taken place of all my blogging. Since our only camera at the moment is my phone (and the quality is not very good) so I don't actually end up with many photos that are worth keeping or sharing, but I guess something is better than nothing!
So an update according to the contents of my phone:
 |
| (L-R: James (3), Bennett (3), Jack (4), Dane (3), Taft (3 1/2) |
These 5 boys are all around the same age and all live on the same side of our street. They are all very good, sweet, nice boys. The older boys on the street are a different story. I'm trying really hard to like our 6 year old next door neighbor, but he makes it really hard. He's super bossy to Taft and he's kinda naughty and likes to talk Taft into being naughty too. I really feel we lucked out on this street. Every evening when moms and dads are getting home from work, you will find all these little boys running around, riding their balance bikes and scooters.
 |
| At the bay, killing time one evening before bed while Seth was working overnight. |
 |
| Seth taking Lukie out for a spin (err....float) on the bay |
 |
| Seth and Ryan taking the boys (Taft and Logan) for a ride while Gwen sends them off mermaid-style. |
The kayak was our big Christmas purchase last year. Unfortunately, we don't take it out as much as we'd like. It turns out it's kind of a hassle to strap it on the car and Luke pretty much hates wearing a life jacket. Our next ocean gear is supposed to be a surf board or stand-up paddleboard. I don't think Lukie will like either of those.
 |
| Family walk at sunset |
 |
| This looks like a hug but was actually a wrestling match. One of many more brotherly wrestling matches in their future. |
 |
| Entertaining themselves while we waited for Seth to round on patients one Saturday morning. |
Seth has been looking forward to the Coronado Fire Department's open house every since their open house last year. Seriously, he's been talking about it for weeks. The Fire Department does a great job with their open house. They invite all branches of law enforcement, search and rescue, border patrol, and a few others. They bring all their vehicles and let the kids get inside and take a look around. It is pure heaven for boys between the ages of 1 and 10. They have live music, free food (well...hot dogs), and lots of stuff for kids to do. It's one of Coronado's top social events of the year. ;)
 |
| This cracks me up. These boys have so much personality EXCEPT when it's time to take a picture. Helloooo...anyone home?? They were so pumped to get inside a real fire engine but you would have no idea from these photos. |
 |
| Three out of four looking at the camera. I'll take it. |
7 comments:
this is great! i was waiting until the 19th (one month from your last post) to make a request for a new one... 3 days ahead of schedule :D Love your family - what is a balance bike? one without training wheels?
You live in a great place to 'kill time'.....(at the bay while Seth was working overnight). I love the boy brigade on your street. We really missed that on Sijsjeslaan while our kids were growing up. It's magical to have available kids to play with. Your Fire Dept does rock. And your pictures are good. Don't stop blogging. I live for the updates!
Love the update!!!!
Fiiiiiinally!! Sheesh. Enjoyed it :) quality post.
Great pictures. I can't believe how big your boys are getting!
I'm the same way. I barely get on my computer, but I get on my phone while I nurse so I usually just use instagram. You did capture some great moments!
Gorgeous sunset! Love the pics at the fire department. I loved Taft's face when the fireman let him step in his boots when I took him there. The boots when up to Taft's thighs so he couldn't even walk in them. I think that's when he realized being a fireman must be quite difficult. He looked at the fireman as if to say, "You walk in these huge things!?
Post a Comment