9.17.2011

Then A Lot of Herways Came to Town

We had a jam packed two weeks of family here in lovely Coronado. My family and Seth's family overlapped visits for a day so we all had a dinner together and welcomed Steve (Seth's youngest brother) home from his mission.

Seth's parents rented a house for the week that could accommodate everyone. Even though we live here, we still stayed in the house so we could hang out with everyone after kids went to bed. We had most of Seth's siblings there, minus Seth's older brother who is on a top secret job in the Middle East (seriously) and Seth's other brother and his family who live in New Jersey.

Taft was beyond thrilled to have his cousins. I think he followed Brauer around laughing hysterically at everything he did for the entire first evening. We had a great time with everyone hanging out at the beach and taking it easy. Seth had a whole week of vacation so he was able to spend time with everyone too.

I can't take credit for most of these pictures. Seth's sister Natalie took most of them. I hardly took any because I knew Natalie would be all over it and would do a great job, and she did. (Good ones=Natalie's Grainy/Bad Angles/Overall Bad= Mine)

Cousins. It rained the first two days of the week so one morning we headed to the heated community pool. The lifeguards were really, really uptight.

Colie (Seth's sis) . Me+Luke. Lara (wife of Seth's oldest brother). Natalie (Seth's sis)


This is Anita's (Seth's mom) BFF from when they lived in D.C. years and years ago. She just so happened to be in San Diego the same week. They are wearing almost the EXACT same thing, right down to the shoes!

This picture captures Taft's currently personality PERFECTLY. He is always on the run and thinks everything is a game.

Zane and Brauer with newly returned missionary Steve-O

Aunt Colie. Isa. Daphne


I love this picture.

Note the squat. 


One morning TONS of sea stuff was washed up on shore including this huge starfish!

Daphne sending the starfish back home

Oh Wuke.


Grammie with the goods-- Belgian candy



Taft thinks Down Dog means horsey ride.
Just having a naked tea party with my cousin. (Future blackmail right here)

10 comments:

La said...

I need a copy of the naked tea party. That is great. I love that Brauer and Taft are such good buddies. I really hope they are best friends when they are dirt bag teenagers.

Unknown said...

Your son's are absolutely adorable!!! And that starfish is insanely cool :)

natalie said...

love this post! so fun to see which pictures you liked. Also I am very bad at taking pictures in the house and also at making sure I get enough of each person. So glad you got the one of colie & luke. very cute.

Melanie Herway said...

Great pictures! Wouldn't that be nice to have a professional photographer on all your vacations!

Malerie said...

So much fun! That starfish was really cool. Isn't it great to live in a place where everyone wants to come visit? :) Maybe we should be next....

Taylor Bluth said...

Loved this post. All the pictures were great. I love the one of you and your sister in laws. You look very cute :)

Kathleen said...

I loved seeing all the photos...so great to have a great photographer in the family!
It's fun to see Taft having so much fun with all of his cousins.
It looks like he had such a great time!
The photo of Luke and Colie is priceless!

Herways Go West said...

I haven't commented in a long time...been on the move! So fun to catch up on your blog. Love the photos and the memories! Seeing your family (and Bluths) again was great. And meeting Luke had to be one of the trip highlights for sure! He is adorable....but he doesn't like to be held as you said....he much prefers to explore. Can't believe it was just Sat night we were stuffing ourselves at dinner. You guys really live there??? Well, at least somebody is livin' the dream.

Colie said...

haha love the double squat shot with Seth & Taft. Thanks for letting us all come!

Staci Davies said...

I love the beach pictures! And that tea party in the bathtub is hilarious. Those boys entertain you, don't they?