4.25.2009

One Month Old and First Vacay



Taft turned one month old on April 16th. I've seen this on other blogs where you take a picture of your babe next to the same toy each month to see how they've grown. So here's the first picture next to Moe the Monkey. I can't believe how much he's grown already. Taft, not Moe. It makes me sad! We visited some friends that had a baby last night and Taft was ginormous compared to their baby.




Taft has already changed a bunch and is starting to smile at us. I know for a while it's just a reflex or gas or whatever, but for reals, he smiles now, especially at pretty ladies.









We took Taft on his first mini-vacay to Moab. Seth's mom came with us and we had a great time hiking (sort of) around Arches and Canyonlands. Here's a tip for new nursing mom's: Bring a blanket or Hooter Hider EVERYWHERE. If not you might be nursing your baby while turned against a rock at Delicate Arch surrounded by other tourists. Not awkward at all. Taft was a real trooper and did great for so much driving around and he did well being strapped into the Bjorn for most of the day.



Our internet is really touch and go, otherwise I'd be blogging more. I have about a bazillion pictures I would love to post.



Oh yeah, here's another tip for new mom's: If you want to be depressed, go clothing shopping five weeks after delivering. It's awesome.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

I can only imagine the clothing shopping thing :: suck!! Hey it took nine months to put on give it at least that time to come off ;) Taft is a cutie!!! i cant believe you already went on a vacation :: what a fearless mommy!!!

Herways Go West said...

Love Taftman's picture on your side column. Such a great shot. And he is growing FAST....must be all those adventures you take him on, he wants to grow up and do his own hiking!

La said...

Cute BOY!!! I need to see him soon. When are you guys coming over?

natalie said...

Taft looks so big already! I was going to do that same thing to mark Isabel's progress, and I completely forgot until now. (oops.)
Hey how about going clothes shopping when your baby is 7 months and it's the same as when she was 2 months? Yeah, I'm joining a gym this week because it's just getting ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Taft is so cute. I am dying to come see him. We're all finally healthy, hooray! When is a good time to visit.

And yes, clothing shopping is THE most depressing thing in the world after having a baby. I feel your pain.

Melanie Herway said...

I'm so glad you are exposing your boy to the beauty of Utah. He really is getting big. What a cute idea to measure him next to a toy!

Reimstar said...

Haha awesome advice! Miss you guys already!

Abbie O. said...

Cute little outfit Taft man...too bad your mom might have to cut off the legs for a little shorts onesie because you are growing so fast!!

Good to see you yesterday lady...you need to come around more often, let's go running for reals...and maybe a pedi...doesn't that sound great?

Laurel said...

He is ADORABLE!