This weekend was awesome. I ran a 10K with my dad, had lunch with friends, had date night with Seth, and got new carpet!!!
The awesomeness started with waking up dark and early Saturday morning to run the Crack of Dawn 10k with my dad in Emigration Canyon, downhill of course. I finished under an hour and thought I was pretty cool for doing that. I passed a bunch of people on the last 2 miles, which NEVER happens, so I thought I was even cooler for that part. I have experienced getting passed on many a races, but have never really experienced the pleasure of making others eat my dust. I thoroughly enjoyed it even if the people I passed were double my age. It was a rainy and cloudy day Saturday morning, so the Crack of Dawn thing didn't really pan out. My dad did awesome too, but he would deny that. We treated ourselves to the always delicious Einstein's bagel afterwards.
After the race I waited for our new carpet! Such an exciting moment in my life as a home owner. It was a little awkard however because there was really nowhere for me to be because all of our stuff was crammed into the living room while the bedrooms were being carpeted. I kinda just sat in a corner and pretended to work on my Sunday School lesson/watch t.v. The carpet looks awesome and our apartment is starting to smell less and less of old people.
Saturday afternoon I went to lunch with my dear old friends, Jamie and Amber. I've been friends with Jamie since the first grade. That's 18 years folks, yes, 18 years. I have so many funny memories with Jamie. I'll have to dedicate a post to that. Jamie, Amber, and I became BFFs from choir class in 7th grade. I think Jamie and I thought Amber had cute clothes or something and decided we should get to know her. Ha! The three of us went to lunch at the most wonderful restaurant in the world, Trio. I am totally obsessed with the place. I rode my bike to the restaurant with gas prices being like $50 a gallon. It was only a like 6 or so blocks away, but it's really hard to ride a bike with a big purse. We ate amazing food and talked for like 2 hours and I didn't want it to end. I love getting together with old friends.
Saturday night Seth and I went to the temple and then went to dinner at The Garden at JSMB. Seth decided the restaurant felt like a cafeteria and decided we shouldn't ever go there again. I thought it was okay, but our server wasn't the nicest. I think she was mad because I only ordered soup and therefore she figured I wouldn't leave a good tip. Loser.
6.09.2008
Weekends should always be like this
Posted by Heidi at 8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
How fun to see Jamie and Amber!! Tell them hi for me!! And congrats on the 10k under an hour, that's impressive. I would be lucky to do a 1k under an hour at this point with this bowling ball of a belly.
Congrats on a very successful weekend. I love the carpet and am way proud of you for running so dang fast. Good work. We love Trio, too. We went there last weekend. And for more funny twinnerness, we went to the temple on Saturday too. We must be married to brothers or something.
p.s. I totally think you have brought "skinny" Heidi back. (not that she ever left but what I am saying is you look way good!)
I wonder if I could even walk a 10K?? Kudos to you and your Dad too! Love the carpet...did you ever get your Uncle Sam money for the parquet for the living room? Man I can't wait to see your condo this summer! One really good reason to be a girl, we like to get together and have lunch with friends! Guys are really losing out cuz they don't do that.
I love that you called the waitress a loser in your post :)
Funny thing- we went to the temple on Friday night and saw your parents there. Small world! They were just leaving as we were getting there so we could only chat for a second, but I was excited to see them. Maybe we should do a temple night together sometime soon!
Sugar Dee: I am so impressed with your running skills! Maybe we should try to run another marathon together!! hee hee. That was also fun to see a picture of Amber and Jamie. Tell them a hello from me next time you see them. Love ya!
Maybe you should teach me how to run so that I can be as skinny as you! Too bad I hate it so much.
Congrats on your 10K. That is awesome that you passed people!
Hurray for new carpet. That is a great feeling.
I have been missing you and couldn't figure out why you weren't posting any more and then I found out that if your blog is private new posts don't show up in reader which requires me an extra two clicks to get to your blog...plus I have to remember all on my own instead of my reader notifying me...Not that I am complaining. Anyway, good to read about all your latest endeavors. I am thinking about doing the Birkham Yoga challenge starting next month but now I am intimidated because if it was hard for you I doubt I will survive. You rock!
Jake would be so proud of you...riding your bike to the restaurant. That's how he wants to transport nowadays, except it's a little difficult with two kids. We did however just pick up 2 little seats that attach to the back of the bike.
Sounds like a great weekend! It's fun to see a picture of Jamie and Amber!
Way to go on the run...sounds like it was a lot of fun. It couldn't compare to the marathon (ha ha ha) Anyways also so happy for you about the carpet, I'm convinced there is nothing better then new carpet smell!
Hey! Cute blog! Looks like your life's just about perfect! :) It was so great running into you the other day! :) Well, keep in touch and let me know for sure when the next girls night is, I'd love to come! :)
Post a Comment