I know I just barely complained about not getting to have fun this summer, but Seth and I were actually able to get away a couple of weekends ago. We went down to southern Utah for a little weekend vacation. I use the term vacation loosely since my idea of "vacation" does not usually involve camping. It was however, a vacation from the daily grind. Seth wanted to go to southern Utah to get ideas for a business venture that he has been dreaming, thinking, and talking about for the past several months. Stay tuned for details in the next several months.
We took the long route to SoTah (Southern Utah). Here's Seth in Panguitch, enjoying a Sanguitch.
We made a stop in Bryce Canyon National Park and bought an Annual National Parks pass for 80 bones. Turns out it's not such a great deal since you can get into a lot of National Parks for free. We're going to make the most out of this pass by visiting as many of the National Parks as we can within driving distance. We're living on the egde.
We spent our first night at Sand Hollow reservoir in Hurricane (pronounced Hurricun by locals). We didn't really fit in with the rest of the crowd since we forgot our ski boat, truck, 54 foot RV, 4-wheelers, and dirt bikes. The scenery was beautiful though.
We spent the next day in Zions National Park and hiked Angels Landing. I had fun freaking Seth out by standing close to the edge. I thought it was funny, Seth did not.
By the way, Euros LOVE national parks! We saw a lot of them in both Bryce and Zions.
That night we camped along the Virgin River and had a traditional camping dinner. Weiners and S'mores. We were very unprepared and didn't have any cooking or eating gear. We roasted our weiners the good old fashioned way with sticks we found.
Sunday we stopped by my grandma's house to visit. This is what prompted my "wo is me" post from a couple of weeks ago.
We had a really good time and it was so great to be in the great outdoors for a couple of days. I was pretty impressed that I went two days without showering and handled it like a champ.
We also took the long route home and stopped by the Mountain Meadows Massacre site. Did anyone else that grew up in Utah think that it was a massacre of Mormons, not the other way around?
23 days til my next vacation and I can't wait!!!
5.27.2008
Weiners and S'mores
Posted by Heidi at 12:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
You two know how to have a good time! I'm glad you got to get away to SoTah and that Seth got to have a Sanguitch in Panguitch!
Good work kids!!!! I am impressed with your (Heidi's) camping skills. I love Zions and Bryce Canyon. We are going in the fall, you guys should come.
1)is the business venture the water park??? 2)I would freak out if you stood on the edge too, but I do the same. 3)in 23 days, where is the next vacation? 4)the pictures are great! Your tent by the water looks like you are in the middle of no-mans land, but I guess not since there are boats, RVs, and all sorts of toys!
1) No, not a water park. I think you already know about it, but ask Seth. 2)Our next vacation is Hebgen Lake with Dan and Lara's family.
You guys do so much! I agree, you really know how to camp.
How fun! You guys make me miss Utah!
Um, I didn't even know about mountain meadows massacre until a year or two ago!
Fun to see pics from your trip. That was some hard core camping. I'm a whimp and only like it if there are bathrooms nearby.
You guys make me laugh! You guys have a blast together!
Post a Comment