11.25.2007

I've been tagged

I was tagged by my cousin Rachel. What I'm supposed to do is tell you six things not commonly known about me. When I'm done with it I'm supposed to tag some other people so I'm tagging Lara, Melanie, Natalie, Anita, and Hailee. Here we go:

1. Like Rachel, I think Rachel said this: I am SO AFRAID OF LARGE BODIES OF WATER. I think part of it is that you don't know what's under you! I was told that they have never found the bottom of Bear Lake. That means that anything could be living in it, like some lake sea monster! I also saw a movie once when there were like pirhana's in a fresh water lake. You never know, some pyscho person could breed a species of fresh water pirhanas in Lake Powell. PIRHANAS will EAT you. Of course, I am also afraid of sharks and I don't need to explain that one. But I am also afraid of all fish. Seth tried to make me snorkel in Greece this summer and I lasted .25 minutes. Just long enough to put my face in the water, see a tiny, translucent fish,and freak out. When I was younger I used to think that swimming pools had sharks in cages behind the pools walls and at night they let the sharks out to swim. I always worried that someone would accidentally let the sharks out when we were swimming during the day. I still wonder sometimes.

2. I WAS ALMOST ARRESTED FOR BUYING BEER WITH A FAKE ID. It's not how it sounds, but of course, this all came about because of stupid boys. I was hanging out with some friends one night in Salt Lake. These friends wanted to play billiards at a place where ID was required. I was only 20 at the time, so I had to let them down by saying I couldn't go. Then some wise-a got the idea that it would be SO funny if they tried to get me in with a fake ID. Then another person thought it would be even FUNNIER if they drew a goatee on my face, put a baseball cap on my head, and sent me into the 7-11 to see what the cashier would do if I tried to buy beer with a fake id. Not just anyone's id, but a very large man, which I believe of Middle Eastern descent. (He was with us, it wasn't just some random guy) Now, we were all LDS and didn't want to actually buy the beer, they just wanted to see the cashier's reaction to my ridiculously drawn-on goatee. So, I went in, grabbed a Corona or two and some gum and went to check out. The cashier didn't bat an eye at my goatee and asked for my id. I showed it to her. Cashier: "This is fake. I'm calling the police." Me and everyone else:"No! We were kidding, it's just a joke!" Cashier:"I don't care, it's against the law." The police were called, they arrived, looked at me and started laughing. No charges were filed and I was free to go.

3. I RAPPED MY SIXTH GRADE STUDENT COUNCIL SPEECH: It went like this:
"Hey Joe, Whadda you know?
Student Council is my show
So walk real fast and don't be slow
Vote this week for Heidi Ho!

Got a beef? Want to groan?
I'll make your wants and wishes known
So walk real fast and don't be slow
Vote this week for Heidi Ho!

Be a deer, be a doe,
Be a Larry, Curly, or a Moe
So walk real fast don't tippy toe
and vote this week for Heidi Ho

Student Council is the place
To represent each sixth grade face
So vote me and you'll see
that Heidi Ho is the way to go!
Heidi Ho is the way to go
Heidi Ho is the way to go"

My dad wrote it. And yes, I won. Boo-yeah.

4. I GAINED AROUND 15 POUNDS IN RUSSIA. I have the pictures to prove it but I definitely am not going to post them. I wasn't fed very healthy food while I was there, didn't exercise much, and my daily Snickers bar didn't help much either. Everyone in my group gained weight as well so I guess I just didn't notice I was blowing up so much. We also discovered these chocolate covered cream cheese bar things. The were kinda like little cheesecakes. I know, you're all thinking, "You're lucky you only gained 15! Daily Snickers and chocolate covered CREAM CHEESE?!?! No duh!" Different rules apply when abroad.

5. ALONG WITH MY DOUBLES PARTNER, EMILY BROADWATER, I PLAYED JV TENNIS MY SOPHOMORE, JUNIOR, AND YES, MY SENIOR YEAR. Don't feel sad for us. We were awesome. Our coach however, did not think we were so awesome. I believe he called us "flaky, airheaded, ditsy, and they don't take tennis seriously" something like that. No hard feelings, Jim Hashimoto. We were the coolest JV Seniors ever. We wore intimidating bandanas on our heads, way rockin' sunglasses, we grunted every time we hit to intimidate the other team, and we had a victory dance. We won every game and not just our senior year, cuz of course, we were seniors playing JV! But we were region champs our junior year too. Did you know you can letter for being on JV 3 years in a row? Well you can, it's way cool. Our coach seriously hated us though. The day of our yearbook picture for the tennis team, we were 1 second late and he wouldn't let us be in the picture. We got him back though. We had our own picture of the two of us put on the tennis page and Emily was even quoted! Take that Jim!

6. MY CLOSET DESIRE IS TO BE IN A BROADWAY MUSICAL. I can't carry a tune at all. I think the term is "tone-deaf." But I just think it looks like so much fun to act and sing and wear fun costumes. It'll never happen, well lets hope it doesn't happen. That would be a terrible musical.

7 comments:

Tyler and Emily said...

Ha ha ha! Go JV! I laughed out loud reading these! I'll see if I can get you some auditions for some broadway shows here.

La said...

I am totally laughing my butt off!!! That list was way funny. The sharks in the swimming pool??? I better not tell Dan that urban legend or he will never swim again. I love that you played JV for three years. And if I could do anything I think I would be on Broadway too. But yeah, I am tone deaf. Oh and I think that you have rapping career in your future.

La said...

P.S. I want to see you 15 pounds heavier. . . it will make me feel better. It can be hard being the fattest Herway wife. Don't get me wrong I love everything about you and Mel, except that you are so damn skinny. Please???

Heidi said...

oh please! As a matter of fact, when we were over at your house for dinner when Anita was here, I thought to myself, "Lara is so skinny!" I swear, I honestly thought that. You are in NO WAY the fattest.

Herways Go West said...

Well I am definitely not the fattest because Heidi said the rules don't apply abroad. Whew!

natalie said...

I really enjoyed that! You really put thought into it and it was fun to read. I will get to mine soon. Promise.

Karen said...

Okay...I'm trying to remember the 6th grade rap and I really don't. Maybe I wasn't in school that day or something. The water fright is just hilarious though (Sorry to laugh at your expense!) :) I have never once thought of a shark in a swimming pool. And you are missing out on the snorkeling. It really is fun!!! (By the way hi...I know we were never the best of friends, but I still enjoy reading up on your life! Hope that's okay!)