11.09.2013

Europe 2013: Turkey

Fetiye, Turkey. We had PERFECT weather, it was beautifully sunny every day and not too hot. The first full day after getting settled, we had we rented a yacht for the day. It came with a captain and a cook (his wife) who made us a tasty Turkish lunch on the boat. The captain took us to several spots to get out and swim and snorkel. It was so gorgeous and the water was so clear!

Fishing off the back of the yacht with Pop.

These rafts might look dorky but they were the perfect thing to have!

Check out Taft being the bravest he's ever been!





So most people who know me know that I have a somewhat over-the-top fear of fish, sharks, and other sea creatures that could possibly touch and/or eat me. However, after my 4 year old was able to jump off the boat, we figured I should probably give it a go. Bear with me, it takes a while (because a GIANT school of fish suddenly swarm the spot where I'm about to jump)




Party time

Taft was really into snorkeling. Luke... takes after me. 

I really love this.

Taft telling Grammie a story I'm sure.

Not a bad life!

Taft busting a move to "Blurred Lines"

Kayakoy. This town was abandoned in 1923 after the Greek people who were living here were kicked out. 
Ready to find some fish. This was another day when we joined up with a tour yacht, with several other people. this was a lot of fun too but we all agreed the private boat was the best.

Handsome Herways

The kids. 
We spent our days on the boats, at the pool, and one day at a beach that had the most beautiful view. I am SO mad I don't have a picture of it.

Unfortunately while we were here is when my all-day sickness really started to kick in. I didn't cook or help with a single meal. In fact, when dinner was being prepared I would have to hide out in my room with the door shut avoiding the smell.

Despite feeling pretty yucky, we had such a great time. I know where Seth gets his wonderful trip planning skills from. Anita is a pro at finding great places to stay and really researching if the destination is worth it. Tom is the tour guide who's done all the reading and can just tell you about everything! Seth loved spending quality time with his parents and getting to chat it up all day long. Taft and Luke loved getting ice cream every single night after dinner. In fact, they still expect "zert" after every meal now. I loved relaxing on the boat and "accidentally" falling asleep several times.

5 comments:

Lanxie Jo said...

i'm totes jel of your life.


maybe we can start getting in on the seth planned trips? sounds like a good idea to me.

p.s. i loved all the pictures... especially the one of you in your fedora, in a floaty, with lukie. you're pretty nog.

Melanie Herway said...

Those videos are hilarious! Way to go you two!! I'm so jealous about this boat with a cook...and that gorgeous clear water. Taft's busting a move, he's making such a Tommy face it kills me. Thanks for the update.

La said...

Dreamy vacay. I am super jealous.

Herways Go West said...

Problem is that I am ready to do it again! I'm totally serious. You have some great shots. For somebody feeling as yucky as you did, you managed beautifully and we really did have fun. I hope Taft will always love to snorkel. I'm glad I was there for his first time at it.

natalie said...

That water looks so fabulous. The pic of you and luke at the top is super cute!